Idea for poll for Henson Company

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Since Ken has stated on several ocassion that Piggy's new look is the way Henson want's her to look now. I think the new figure and facial features will not fit with her retro nurse and space outfits being made. This may be only my opinion but if i can't state it here where can I?

Can we not start a poll to give to the Henson Company? In the poll we would ask which look fans prefer better new or old Piggy for this series and how she should look for future series. Maybe they will listen or maybe they won't.

The one female character they have so far in the line and the only one until Janice has been put on a diet. Shame, Shame. Just think how Fozzie would look and not to mention Rowlf if they put them on these mystery diets.

I think these figures appeal more to fans than to children who are concerned with the slim image Barbi has forced upon the universe. So, perhaps, the poll will have some pull with Henson. Then again, it may not. But hey we tried.

Chad

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

I just had a thought, What Miss Piggy are we going to be pushing for ?

Obviously not Season One, So who ?

See ya

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Not looking for a specific season. Loved the head to the EB exclusive and hope they will use that one for the Piggys in the future since it is the retro look and fits Pigs in Space and Nurse Piggy. And if they could make her less skinny (may be asking too much) but that would be a plus.

Chad

uncleduke

Reaction score
Personally I agree. I am also struck by the fact (and Ken, feel free to use this if it helps).....
a) They insist on a slimmer Piggy for the toy line.
however
b) They use Miss Piggy in the Denny's commercial joking about how she eats three breakfasts!

So, they are endorsing Bulimia? How else can someone eat three times as much as normal, yet still be so slim? Her metabolism can’t be that high!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I think there is something you need to remember. Piggy's outfit is absolutely tight to the body in the toy, and her outfits never were on the show. Therefore, while I am not saying anyone is wrong here, she appears much slimmer because she is wearing a slimming evening dress. Imagine if you will, if she has on a poofier outfit. It might fit your expectations more. I say this because I have seen the FM Piggy which uses the same body proportions as the EB and Regular Piggy and she looks more heavy because of the outfit.

I think many will admit that even the EB Piggy looks heavier, because in many cases when women wear their hair up they look skinnier. Hey...she even has on heels, which increase height to width ratio and add to the "slim" factor.

I say this because based on everything I have seen in reference and maquettes, the size of the legs, thickness of the torso and arms are really not far removed from what you would consider a true representation of the body of Miss Piggy.

Is she a little skinny? Maybe. Is it a major difference? No. Certainly not to where you could elicit a response from Henson. We worked and reworked that body, and they were 100% comfortable with it. So was I.

Someone ought to take the figure into photoshop and make a poofier dress to see if this theory has any weight...so to speak.

Chad Kermit

Reaction score
Ok,

Cool maybe she will look more like we remember her in future outfits. I hope with the addition of the seperate piece for the hair and ears you guys will be able to use old head sculpt.

Thanks again for the inside info
Chad

uncleduke

Reaction score
Ken is, as always, correct. I think this whole thing started when I saw the Muppetisms on the DVD featuring Statler and Waldorf.
New performers, new voices, and new looks to the characters....
These were always two of my favorites, and I was saddend by this....

Anyway I may have jumped too hard on Miss Piggy, my feelings were "They changed another one!!" I was not being objective, and think Ken's points are well taken. Thanks for helping to reign us in.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Ken, Chad, Others!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the head on the exclusive! A little skinny? Maybe, the clothes theory works for me, though. But the eyes aren't as far apart on the exclusive as they are on the regular assortment figure, and I think she looks better...plus that long luscious hair, makes a bear say WOWZER!

As far as skinny...she may could use a little more lard in her diet to fatten her up a bit and then...um...lard? Wait, she's a pig.

Nevermind. :smile:

Ken, great job on the Exclusive Piggy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laters,
FOZ