I think I've developed one of Fozzie's habits...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Ok so this week I've been in band camp (actually today was my second day) and when we're learning our drill for marching it can be pretty stressful. Whenever I get kinda stressed out I take off my hat (we gotta wear a hat so we don't get too burned!) kind of like Fozzie does on The Muppet Show. It's pretty funny :crazy:

Gonzo14

Reaction score
that Fozzie thing is weird, I too am in Marching Band playing the trumpet, we have practice from 6-10 every night, we're outside 'til 8, then we go inside and work on music memorization, but you probably have harder practices since you have a camp for band

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
You guys are in band? I was in band in highschool. I played in the perscussion. I played the bass drum. Man those were the days.

Here's a link to the band website I used to play for. www.poteetpirateband.org

ryan

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I get nervous I wring my baseball caps in my hand, I have a nervous laugh, and I also have a disgruntled moan that he does. Weird, huh?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Do you scratch your head and whimper when you do it? :smile:

We should start a band thread of some kind here, especially for trumpet players! I've been playin' for over twenty years now, I too was in the band and I taught both for schools and studios for several years! Brass players UNITE!!!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I foudn myself doing a Fozzie move today, covering my face and turning away in kind of mock-embaressment at something.

Questian: Are we doing what Fozzie does, or is Fozzie just imitating what happens in real life!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hm... interesting question there, Beau...

The Muppets definately effect how I react, though... I've started saying "Sheesh" and scrunching up my face like Kermit, I have a tendency to sound like Beaker when I'm poked- well okay so I've done that, but... I don't see anything wrong with imitating Muppets, because they're imitating us, so if we're imitating them we're really imitating them imitating us, and in a way they're imitating us imitating them imitating us...
...or something like that...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Gonzo14 said:
that Fozzie thing is weird, I too am in Marching Band playing the trumpet, we have practice from 6-10 every night, we're outside 'til 8, then we go inside and work on music memorization, but you probably have harder practices since you have a camp for band
What a coincidence! I play trumpet too! That's probably why I like Lips so much :big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
I've started saying "Sheesh" and scrunching up my face like Kermit
HA! I do that, too!

I also "Good Greif" alot (Peanuts fan here), as well as have a problem believing when someone compliments me, "Me? Really, Me? Out of everyone else, me?" You know that whole thing Charlie Brown does.

Beau, you asked a great question! I think that you're probably right. I bet the Muppets DO imitate real-life...after all, that's one of the wonders of puppetry: taking something false and making a truth out of it. Pieces of cloth suddenly become so realistic that we begin to have an emotional attachment to it.