I think it time for me to really drop this facade and say maybe disney is best...

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
It's "CooL." I unexpectedly did the same thing at another thread last night...and it felt delicious. :cool:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by ScottMonster

And could we really trust a company that's been known to sneak naughty messages into kid's movies -- like those smoke clouds that spelled out a certain three letter word in "Aladdin" or how some guy in "The Little Mermaid" whispered almost inaudibly that "good little girls take..."
I don't think that's a fair comparison. Those dirty jokes were snuck in by animators, etc. because they knew most kids (and adults, for that matter) would miss it. This stuff was not written into the script nor it was approved by the Disney corporation, so to say that we can't trust Disney because of this doesn't seem fair. By contrast, look at all the OVERT stuff that happened in VMMCM. Maybe we can't trust the Muppets with Disney! LOL! :rolleyes:

I've been dead set against the Disney merger for the longest time. (And Disney's handling of its own properties right now doesn't do a lot to increase my confidence.) But with the way things currently stand for the Henson Co., it actually might have been better if the Disney sale had gone through!

Movies205

Reaction score
I find it funny how people amke out words like Sex out of SFX lol
The smoke cloud says SFX as tribute to the guys who made SFX plus all that stuff you people have heard is undetermine except for 1 or 2...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Trying to get it on the site ASAP! Shouldn't take long. There's a lot of great stuff on it - most of it we already know, but it's even more interesting reading it with the perspective we have now. It references some of the projects that Henson helped to form before his death and some of the ones that never came to fruition.
post the link when you get it, please!!!!

Sarah

kansasteen14

Reaction score
ok well first if you're gonna try to bash Disney get your facts staright people say Aladdin said good kids take off your clothes. NOT TRUE I have listened to it in slow motion as loud and low as you can clearly hear it and that isnt said, the line is "good kitty take off and go" Aladdin is talking to Rajah and in Lion King it says SFX which has already been said, if you dont believe it go see the movie in Imax, oh and all these stories supposedly came up with little kids, (like a 4 year old can read the word SEX) and I would really like Disney to buy the muppets

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I found that the opposite was true in the original Laserdisc release of the films. They could have since been altered. These portions were also written up in Entertainment Weekly a few years after they had been released on video (the first time). No, these jokes weren't meant to be noticed by kids - they were inside jokes that nobody was supposed to catch until later. You also forgot to mention the priest in The Little Mermaid. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by kansasteen14
if you dont believe it go see the movie in Imax, oh and all these stories supposedly came up with little kids, (like a 4 year old can read the word SEX) and I would really like Disney to buy the muppets
Riiiighhhht...because in 10 years Disney wouldnt have time to go back an alter something in a movie. Look what they did to the opening of Roger Rabbit and other scenes. Heck look at ET....companies have a real fetish for history revisionism.

The fact is there was a lot of *ahem* inuendo slipped into the Disney films kids, whether you want to believe it or not. However, this was NOT Disney's fault. This was just the animator's twisted sense of humor. Suffice to say Disney has sense gone back and realtered some of the stuff in question.

Though, why cant Disney history revision/alter their cheapquels so they never existed. How can one have respect that is putting up huge billboards for 101 Dalmations 2? My respect for a parent that would subject their kid this cheapquel or any of the recent cheapquels, Country Bears, etc is not good.