I think it time for me to really drop this facade and say maybe disney is best...

Movies205

Reaction score
But my thinking, is what I said

So at the end of the day, I got say no matter who owns the muppets will always be the Muppets and nothing will change that...

So I don't think it going matter who owns the muppets because the muppets are the muppets...

Luke

Reaction score
..... but whoever owns the Muppets can do what they like with them, the fans might not like the results, and so yes, it certainly does matter who owns the Muppets !

Movies205

Reaction score
dam.... nooooooooooooo...... you've crushed my bubble lol:big_grin:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Jim was actually quite happy about the merger. I hope to publish the 1990 source article on MC soon.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Jim was actually quite happy about the merger. I hope to publish the 1990 source article on MC soon.
What 1990 source article?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
There's an Animation Magazine article that contains an interview with Jim Henson while he was directing MuppetVision 3D. It was written just a couple of months before he died. Henson seemed rather thrilled to have the Muppets in Disney's camp. I hope to get the lengthy article up in Muppet Central's archive files this week.

Excerpts:
Henson says that the idea of the merger started with a meeting with Michael Eisner...[Jim says]"...It just made a lot of sense...I think Disney is the only place that has been of interest to me...”

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Oh, THAT one! Man, I've been wanting to read that interview for years. Yeah, you better put it on MC. Is it that one titled "The Mouse and the Frog: Jim Henson Talks About His Merger With Disney?" I've seen the cover in "Jim Henson--The Works."

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Trying to get it on the site ASAP! Shouldn't take long. There's a lot of great stuff on it - most of it we already know, but it's even more interesting reading it with the perspective we have now. It references some of the projects that Henson helped to form before his death and some of the ones that never came to fruition.