I switched Piggy heads!!

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Wow, you didn't even have to use the "boil and pop" method on the heads? Simplicity in itself. :smile:

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Louis Kazagger
Wow, you didn't even have to use the "boil and pop" method on the heads? Simplicity in itself. :smile:
Is it just me, or does the term "boil and pop" remind anyone else of their teenage years?

Smig

Reaction score
Actually, that sounds like a good line of figures..'"BOIL AND POP- THE ZIT-WITS".. two figures covered head to toe in acne and other such bodily marks like pimples, warts, etc. you squeeze them and they make popping noises.. some versions you fill with water, squeeze, and watch the liquid squirt out of the pustles.. a guaranteed hit for the 6-10 year old crowd!

Smig

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by Smig
Actually, that sounds like a good line of figures..'"BOIL AND POP- THE ZIT-WITS".. two figures covered head to toe in acne and other such bodily marks like pimples, warts, etc. you squeeze them and they make popping noises.. some versions you fill with water, squeeze, and watch the liquid squirt out of the pustles.. a guaranteed hit for the 6-10 year old crowd!
Why not? I've accually seen grosser ideas on the shelves.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly

Is it just me, or does the term "boil and pop" remind anyone else of their teenage years?
LOL! Seriously though, any customizer here worth his or her salt knows all about the "boil and pop method". Warm a mug of water in the microwave for a minute, then submerge the toy in the water for thirty seconds or so. That makes the plastic really soft and pliable. Take the figure out, and pull quickly and firmly (with an oven mitted hand lest you get burnt by any hot water inside the toy) and pop, off comes the head. Easy as pie. I altered quite a few Trek figures when the new blue shouldered Starfleet uniforms came out, but Playmated never released the Deep Space Nine crew in those unis.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
What tips can you give if someone is interested in trying it too?
Phillip Chapman

LOL! Phil your a hoot!

but this is really a great idea and i was always thinking "i wish i could have my EB piggy head on the reg body"!

Thog

Reaction score
Hmmmm....I wonder if it will work with Dr. Teeth and Bunsen..........

:big_grin:

Jackie

Reaction score
Originally posted by Thog
Hmmmm....I wonder if it will work with Dr. Teeth and Bunsen..........

:big_grin:
Oh great! We are going to have mutant figures for sure!

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

Oh great! We are going to have mutant figures for sure!

Soon Palisades will start putting out muppet mutants to capitalize on this new found discovery.