I need a Muppet Show font

Fairy

Reaction score
Hello! I lurk a bit but don't post much. I am in urgent need for a Muppet Show font or a font that is close. Doesn't have to be exact. But those flourishes of the serifs would be helpful for the font. Can anyone direct me to one? Thanks so much.

-- Fairy

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm a graphic designer (and the Muppet Central flash and graphics guy too) and have been looking for the Muppet Show font for many years. There is a reconstructed Dark Crystal font floating around, but the Muppet Show came out a time when such typography was traditionally drafted by hand. It is unlikely that anyone has reconstructed the font face legitimately or at a place where it can be distributed commercially. If you do find one let us know, but for now your best bet is to locate an adequate Serif font and customize it.

Building the font to match one of these might be a chore:
Traditional show logo jpg
Traditional brand logo jpg

Fairy

Reaction score
Oh gosh. That is not the best news ever. Ok, well, I thank you very much, and at the very least, I will stop my search and go with something else before I waste any more time. Tahnks so much for the answer!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh gosh. That is not the best news ever. Ok, well, I thank you very much, and at the very least, I will stop my search and go with something else before I waste any more time. Tahnks so much for the answer!
If you want a font with fun little flourishes I suggest Shifty Chica or Creampuff. It's not the Muppet font, but in a similar spirit. :smile:

Fairy

Reaction score
Thanks so much. I am potentially gonna use Shifty Chicka. Or, I may just go with good old Arial. But I did download it and I'm thinking about it. It's a great option! Thanks so much.

-- Fairy :smile: