I Met Kermit And Gonzo At Dca!

wendygirl

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

New here to Muppet Central. I had to share this news with you. I have been visiting Muppet Central for several years but never joined the forum until today.

This morning I went Disney's California Adventure as I wanted to video tape the Muppet Mobile Lab while it was still in its testing mode. I got there around 10:30 AM and no one in the area of Muppet Vision could tell me when or if the lab would be rolling. So I took a little hike around the park and went back to the area around 11 AM. Just after I sat down and started to get my camera set up, out rolled the muppet lab! So I jumped up and started filming them from the time it left the area to the side of Muppet Vision, down Hollywood Blvd. to the Plaza, the show in the Plaza and then back up Hollywood Blvd. to Muppet Vision.

The show was great and I got a pretty good video. I'd post it somewhere but it is a very heavy VRO file and I can not find a site that will host VRO. I see I can not post pictures here on the thread nor can I link you to my Epson album so you can see them until after I have made ten posts. Sorry about that.

After the mobile lab went backstage I turned around and started to talk with someone who was wearing a special sticker badge. I had also seen him filming everything. I looked closer at his badge and ... it was Steve Whitmire! :smile: I just about fell over and just had to give him a big hug. We talked a little and then he introduced me to Dave Goelz. Two very, very nice men. We had a nice conversation and I asked if I could take my picture with them. One of those pictures is my avatar.

In my conversation with Steve, where I spoke to him from everything about Disney and the Muppets, to Jim Henson, to my favorite Muppet movie A Muppet Christmas Carol, he asked if I visited on line sites about Muppets and I told him I visited Muppet Central. He said they (meaning the people who work for Muppets like him) do not (and should not) post on the forums but that I should. I told him I was not a member but he told me I should join and post about what I saw today and about meeting him. So, here I am. I also got the impression he reads the forum:excited: and he thinks Muppet Central is a good site.

So, not only did I get my video of the Mobile Muppet Lab (which I thought was terrific) I got to meet these two terrific men who do such a good job.

MWoO

Reaction score
Cool. I wonder if they were there observing the mobile muppet labs thing just as Dave (I think) acted as a consultant when it was built.

I'm sure no one would complain if you wanted to post randomly in this thread until you were allowed to post a link.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Wow! That so so amazing, and so lucky, too!!! Thank you so much and welcome to Muppet Central!!!

wendygirl

Reaction score
OK. Here is my first random link. 2 down 9 to go :smile:

Yes, they were filming it and observing it as it is in test mode right now. They want to see which jokes "work", and how it works in general. Also so they can get good canned stuff for it as, obviously, they can't be in the park all the time when it comes out.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh. My. Gosh.

If I had the experience you did... wow... I don't think I could've done it without collapsing in a heap of obsessed Muppet fan... goop! WOW! You are SO incredibly lucky, what an amazing experience for you! And Steve reads MC!! EEEEE!! That is SO cool!! (And probably bad for a certain janitor friend of ours named Beauregard... well, at least they have restraining orders...)

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i thought you were talkin about NEW Kermit & Gonzo "walk-a-rounds" at the park! but.... this IS BETTER!!! very cool :smile:

travellingpat

Reaction score
Awesome!!! Thats so cool!! Your lucky!!

Hello to Steve and Dave and anyone if your reading this!! Keep up the great work!!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central Wendy!!! :excited: :crazy:

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your story with us here!! That's so incredibly awesome that you got to meet the main Muppet men!! Everyone who's met them has always said how kind and willing to talk to the fans they are. (((((((took a small break to watch the end of Footloose on VH1, back now))))))) Cool that you got to cover a lot of Muppety topics, I'm sure it's greatly appreciated by those fellows to hear that the interest is still there after all they've been through.

How many people have that great of a Disney Trip story?!? LOL, not too many I'm sure.

Looking forward to hearing more from you, and have a great Sunday!
:smile:
Anthony

wendygirl

Reaction score
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Yes, I almost cried when I realized who it was and told him I just needed to give him a hug! :excited: I was very "ferklumped" (that's California Dutch). When I was introduced to Dave I got his characters names confused. :embarrassed: But I was so excited I got mixed up. I think I told them several times I was a Muppet geek :zany:

3 random posts down, 7 to go (my math was off on the last one). After I have some lunch I'll post about my tour of the Muppet Studios in Hollywood five years ago.

unclematt

Reaction score
Wendy, get another random post out of the way and tell us about the mobile lab a little