"I Know That Voice" documentary

animalrescuer

Reaction score
This new documentary is about voice over actors and voice acting in general with features about Mel Blanc and June Foray of Looney Tunes fame. This documentary features nearly 100 voice artists including some of my favorites like Rob Paulsen (Animaniacs, Tiny Toons), Jess Harnell (Animaniacs), Grey DeLisle (Fairly Oddparents, Billy and Mandy), Richard Horvitz(Invader Zim, Angry Beavers), Charlie Adler (Cow and Chicken, Aah! Real Monsters!) and Billy West (Ren and Stimpy, Futurama)

I'm really interested in seeing this documentary because of all the voice actors featured. It comes out sometime this year, I'm not sure when though. I'm sure all of us have heard these people at one time or another. Anybody else interested in seeing this documentary?

Here's the link to the two trailers:

Pause and look at the list at the end of the second trailer and look at all the names of voice over artists that you know.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Billy West
Tara Strong
Will Ryan
June Foray
Tomy Kenny
Carlos Alazraqui
Jess Harnell
Charlie Adler
Maurice LaMarche
Rob Paulsen
Phil LaMarr
Cree Summer
Grey Delisle
E.G. Daily
Kevin Michael Richardson
Bob Bergen
Dee Bradley Baker
Jim Cummings
Chuck McCann
Gary Owens
Debi Derryberry
Peter Hastings
Diedrich Bader
Bill Farmer
Pat Frawley
Nancy Cartwright
Jeff Bennett
Corey Burton
Mark Hamill
Pam Aldon
Richard Horvitz
Kath Soucie
Seth Green
Tom Kane
Ed Asner
Stephen Root

Those are the names I recognize.

I also recognize the name Kris Zimmerman, but not as a voice actor, I think I've seen his name in the sound department on various old Cartoon Network Cartoon Cartoons.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
At the same time as Ren and Stimpy, Billy West also created some hysterical skits for Howard Stern's radio show. He was absolutely savage in spoofing Regis Philbin, Jay Leno, and best of all, Larry Fine of the Three Stooges. Made the morning commute worthwhile just to hear him.

Bridget

Reaction score
Wow, this is great! I've actually always wanted to see a documentary like that since I am very into voice-over acting. Can't wait to check-it-out! Thanks for sharing vettech! :smile:

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Fans of voice artists and cartoons, the "I Know That Voice" documentary is now available on iTunes. I have a feeling you'll love it! Sadly, I don't have enough money in my account to actually buy it. Oh, well, I guess I'll wait until it comes out on DVD...eventually.:sigh:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
What, no Jennifer Hale?!

Like vettech, I'll have to wait for this documentary to be released... Though I'm notorious for not rully watching the DVD's I already have, maybe if it gets aired on some network like Hub or CN down the road.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I've been looking forward to seeing this for a while. I'm hoping to snag the dvd when it becomes available.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
"I Know That Voice" is now available on DVD on Amazon. This will definitely be on my Christmas list!