I hope Season 36 has more episodes, more old clips

mikebennidict

Reaction score
muppetfan620 said:
I don't mean to be rude or grouchy, but even though Sesame Street has changed over the years, I think we should just be grateful that we still have Sesame Street to watch. I miss the old format and clips too, but I'd rather have Sesame Street with the current format than no Sesame Street at all. Just my opinion. :smile:
it still has some good part to it though it's usually the 1st 15-30 minute and then the silly segments. while i hate Baby Bear, curly Bear is sweet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I work at my local PBS, and heard that Sesame Street may even be cut down to 24 episodes per season.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
After watching SS for over 30 years,and having a photographic memory,I'm happy I can still think about any old clip whenever I want.It's nice to see them again & I'm still proud I found MC to talk about them.

:sing: Thanks for the memories....

ssetta

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I work at my local PBS, and heard that Sesame Street may even be cut down to 24 episodes per season.
Who did you hear it from? I mean, do you have proof, or is it just a rumor?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I heard it from our director of production, Bob Hutchinson. I'm not sure if it was true, rumor, or if he was just guessing off the top of his head. But still, that's what I heard.

salemfan

Reaction score
Seasons 34 and 35 of the TV show Sesame Street. If it's PBS who wanted Sesame Street to have only 26 episodes per season, maybe we should speak to them. If Sesame Workshop made that decision, maybe we should talk to them. This concept of 26 episodes might have been one of the spells of the Amazing Mumford, so like all his other spells placed on Sesame Street, let's break this one and restore Sesame Street to its concept of many episodes each season. A la peanut butter sandwiches!

Drtooth

Reaction score
ssetta said:
1) I know because I talked to Sesame Workshop.

2) PBS only wanted 26 episodes so that they can save money to produce more new series.
AHA! So it wasn't the budget to blaim...PBS wanted more crappy throw aways to make a dishonest buck. I mean, granted... SS is cheasing off some diehards, but I concurr, I'd rather see it like this than none at all. But I mean, besides SS, Drangon Tales, Sagwa, Clifford, Cyberchase, and Mr. Rogers reruns (sadly, it took the death of Fred Rodgers to have the show return in a heavy rotation :cry: ) do they have anything even remotely creative, interresting, or even original for kids? They still show Telitubbies, which only got popular after Jerry Fallwell's comments, Jay Jay the Jet Plane... which is not only a mindless ripoff of Thomas the Tank engine, but has 8th rate CGI's which look like they were the first CGI's ever made, Barney, the old hack that lost his popularity the first time when his movie came out (signaling the end of the property's career) and Boohbah. A Frightful, and even somewhat disgusting kiddy show featuring guys in really cheap suits (that look like Grimacce from old McDonalds ads) making fart sounds. Educational!

No wonder why PBS is losing money, they just want to cash in on the next buzzshow so they can compete with Nick Jr. I almost called during a pledge month (the 10 per year now) and pledged money to see Barney and his gang tossed from television so kids today could have intellegent programming.

They order only 26 episodes, and they wonder why they're losing viewers....

KVR'sMommy

Reaction score
SS season 36

Does anyone know when season 36 starts? Gettin' sick of the re-runs!:stick_out_tongue:

BTW, was there always this much humor directed toward adults in SS, and such advanced vocabulary (especially with Grover, Cookie, and Baby Bear)? Maybe it just went over my head as a child...

And I agree, there should be more episodes and more older clips. I saw the new "There's a Bird On Me" and it just can't hang with the old one.

Another BTW, isn't Mr. Noodle (not Michael Jeter's Noodle) the same guy that was in Bobbie McFerrin's Don't Worry, Be Happy video with McFerrin and Robin William's? Nobody believes me!

Thanks!
j