I have MADE an ASTOUNDING DISCOVERY

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
So here I am sitting in my living room while my mom is cleaning up tapes. And she pulls out one called "Jim henson Special" and I figured it was one of them Christmas specials, right? WELL I'm watching it now, and it's, like, this Great Performances thing "The World of Jim Henson" where they have all these interviews about his early work and Muppet work, and these old clips, they have a Don Sahlin interview, behind the scenes of his work on the Ed Sullivan show, so much stuff it's AMAZING. Keep your eyes out for real copies, this is a must-see for all Jim Henson/Muppet fans. :smile:

P.S. In the beginning they have this clip where Fozzie and Kermit are talking, and Fozzie is very frightened and tells Kermit "Whatever I say, you can NOT look...there is SOMEONE UNDER ME," and they totally flip out. Does anyone know what this is from? It's good.

dizzyizzy

Reaction score
Is this the same thing as "A Tribute to Jim Henson" from right after he died? I actually have a tape of that and I think it's absolutely amazing! It's one of my favorite things to watch. :smile:

Tim Kelly

Reaction score
Is it the one where Frank Oz explains that, when he performs Miss Piggy, he has to bring up the woman inside of him? 'Cause I've been wanting to see that one again for years.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
MeepBorkMeep said:
So here I am sitting in my living room while my mom is cleaning up tapes. And she pulls out one called "Jim henson Special" and I figured it was one of them Christmas specials, right? WELL I'm watching it now, and it's, like, this Great Performances thing "The World of Jim Henson" where they have all these interviews about his early work and Muppet work, and these old clips, they have a Don Sahlin interview, behind the scenes of his work on the Ed Sullivan show, so much stuff it's AMAZING. Keep your eyes out for real copies, this is a must-see for all Jim Henson/Muppet fans. :smile:

P.S. In the beginning they have this clip where Fozzie and Kermit are talking, and Fozzie is very frightened and tells Kermit "Whatever I say, you can NOT look...there is SOMEONE UNDER ME," and they totally flip out. Does anyone know what this is from? It's good.
This special was a PBS special from the series of PBS episodes "Great Performances" The opening is from the Puppeteers of America festival.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I don't believe so, Tim Kelly, unless I wasn't listening at that part. But that sounds neat, do you know anything else about the tribute that clip was in?

DizzyIzzy, it came out in 1994, four years after he died, but it still might be what yer talking about cause it /was/ technically a tribute.

Thanks, Barry Lee. I thought the clip seemed a little too unprofessional for a full blown Muppet Show, and more Sesame Street professional, but Fozzie was never in that, so I was confused. My mother would like to know if they taped the festival and it's open to public. I told her probably, but she wants a better response, so I said I would ask you, if you don't mind.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Its a great documentary that one. I'm just about to put my video of it onto DVD, they should release this commercially.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
I know, Gosh, this thing is amazing. I'm gonna go watch it again. *Shuffles off*

vertigo

Reaction score
Yes, this was the PBS special from '94, I ordered it back then and it actually had a nice cover design for it. It is one of the best biography's done on Jim Henson, an hour and a half long; shocking at the time. They even used an old segment of Kermit and Piggy hosting Great Performances from the 80's; it was perfect!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Oooh neat. Thanks MGov. I'd order it, but I like my poor tattered copy. Maybe I'll order it fer someone else, though. :smile: