I don't wanna grow up...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Bully for Figgie! I second Snowth's comment. Though I'm far from conservative myself, I can certainly see how following the path Figgie has laid out for herself would avoid quite a bit of potential heartache (and worse things). Good for you, kiddo. :smile:
---------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I'm not conservative either, though I think having scrupples, or having some kind of sense of what kind of choices one should be making is a good thing to possess, and most kids today don't have it.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Darn you, dwmckim, you took the Toys R Us thing before I did :stick_out_tongue:

I'm not going to lie, it's going to get really hard. I'm 31 years old, and I've been through a lot since I graduated from high school. It's left me a tad jaded, but I still feel like a teenager. Heck, most people who don't know me personally think I AM a teenager (I look young, LOL).

But you know what? I do whatever "childlike" thing I want to. I watch cartoons. I read comic books and graphic novels meant for 12 year olds. I sit on the floor to draw. I ride a bike. A typical dinner consists of mac & cheese and a glass of chocolate milk. I have yet to watch an episode of Desperate Housewives or drink a cappuccino. I hold to my dream of working for Disney or Henson, even though I can't draw or puppeteer worth crap, LOL. I am not a "normal" adult pretty much. And it's so much better!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
bazooka, That's actually the oposite for me, I look at least 21. I have people constantly asking me what college I go to, am I in a relationship, where do I work. So, I tease them and I say: I'm currently going to harvard, my boyfriend is a goergous Italian, and I work for Sesame Street. Nah, I'm only kidding. I'm just barely going into High School and looking for a job, no boyfriend.
I tell you I get the weirdest looks from people! Can't imagine why... But yeah, read/watch cartoons all the time, classics of course! The stuff on t.v. is just disgusting and a let down anyway. I enjoy my life, I really don't understand why we are forced to grow up. Honestly, there's a diference between responsability and growing older!! Anyhoo, *Slinks back to corner* Oh! And thanks for the other comments of support! :smile:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Speaking of our friends passing on, I don't want to grow up either. I love the Myppets, Disney, Kermit, Piggy, etc. I don't like it! To be honest, if I don't like changes, then neither does anyone else.

mo

Reaction score
I don't know if I want to grow up either. I'm turning 13 on the 16th of september.
the other day I was complaining that my parents won't let me watch certain shows.
but if I grow up I could'nt get away with watching cartoons... now that I think it most of problems are related to cartoons. :frown: