I don't wanna grow up...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
I'm 41 going on 21. Nothing wrong with retaining that sense of wonder, as many here have already said well.

All I can add to that is, don't allow the brutishness of the world to destroy you. Some of the brutes are just that...but some may also remember the awe they felt when they first saw something they didn't comprehend...like a rainbow.

Not that I'm a role model for positivity, not at all...but hey, when away from the masses, it's perfectly safe to let out the kid.
--------------

Vincent L

Reaction score
Speaking of rainbows, I still feel a sense of magic every time I see them. Snow makes me feel that way, too.

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
I was just talking to my mom about how it's likely in 10 years I'll be married with kids. I felt like crying and very sad inside. It's scary, but there is a sense of wonder and excitment along with that. I think while we grow mentally and physically, we appear older and wiser. But our hearts will remain young and always have that sense of childishness that helps keep us innocent. Like Newsie said, when we stop the world from corrupting us, we'll always be kids. That's why I love the muppets, they remind me that the world is a big place, but it's okay to be different and stay young. The world wants to change who we are, but it can't stop us from being who we we are supposed to be. Wow that was long. I'll just shut up now.:embarrassed:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I do know that there are a lot of people who marry young (I've heard stories of people down in the south who would run away and elope to see a sheriff or a Justice of the Peace to get married at ages like 15 and 16), and don't even get me started on teenage pregnancies and such... still, it almost seems like the average couple are in the early 30s or so when they get married and start families and such.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
The average EDUCATED couple, Snowth. Low education level and early pregnancy(ies) go hand in hand. Don't even get me started on my sex ed rant...

Figgie, if a family is what you want then I wish you the joy of it...but make sure, whomever you're with, that your situation is stable, please! Make sure you have the steady and reliable income necessary to raise a child, and a safe place of your own to do it in. Too many younguns think they can "make it" and "our love will sustain us" and all that other absolutely bullpuckey romantic nonsense, and wind up trapped and miserable and negatively affecting their offspring as well as themselves. Don't go that route. Get a career, make some dough, make sure your partner does too...THEN do the family thing. You'll be infinitely happier that way. As one who's seen the wreckage up close, trust me on this.
------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Wow! Didn't think my comment would get so much...comments? I think you guys took me a little too literally. But that's okay, it just shows how you care. :smile: Some things I would like to point out tho:
A.) I don't plan on getting pregnant as a teen, or out of wedlock. I'm saving anything sexual for my hubby, and my hubby only. Call me old fashioned, molly mormon, I don't care. It's just how I feel about that.
B.) I plan on finishing my master's in 10 years, so don't worry, school will still be part of my life. I want an excellent eduacation, and in this economy I really need it!
C.) As for marriage, I plan on thinking long and hard about who I plan on spending my years with. And of course I want to be able to support my family, I don't want them to end up being taken away because things don't work out. I've watched many marriages and relationships end horribly because marrying too young or thinking love would make everything right. It hurts the couple and those around them, and I don't want that. It is too painful and messy.
D.) All I can say is that life cannot be planned, you can only hope for the best and work at it. Which is what I'm trying to do currently. I just want to get through high school right now, let love and college come later. When I'M ready. As for right now, I'll stay young. :smile: hope this cleared things up...:embarrassed: