I can't believe it....

Mark Filton

Reaction score
Yes, give it the old "college" try. ha ha!:big_grin:

Hey, what am I doing wrong? I thought IMG meant image?????

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I know how hard it is to raise money for an organization or club that the rest of the school doesn't really understand or know much about because it's not "sports related."
Arg. Do not get me started on that. My high school was the exact same way. In fact, it still is. Just this past fall the football parents threw a hissy fit because the Music Parents (parent organization to help raise funds for the music program) got all the money from the concession stands. And of course, this just so happens to be a "Florida Trip" year for the marching band, so they needed that money more than the ******* football team did.

I won't go into the new 2-story skybox they built at the football field almost a year ago.

And the real kicker? The school board was considering canceling the Florida trip because of the whole terrorism issue. They canceled the sophomore class' trip to Washington, D.C. for the same reason. Yeah, way to show the terrorists that they're not going to put the U.S. down, guys.

Sarah, if you're still looking for a nice way to thank your teacher, why don't you and your friends chip in on a nice card and a gift certificate to your teacher's favorite restaurant or store? It would be a nice, thoughtful gesture as well as something your teacher can use.

-Kim

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yeah i thought about a gift certificate to a home style resturaunt in the town where he lives....

Sarah

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
good news..I think I thanked him....

we had an awards assembly today..a really fancy schmancy thing..all dressed up and stuff...well he was the third teacher to present awards. He said some awefully nice things about me, and I felt honored. I went back to my seat feeling proud....

But when I watched all the other school groups (Foreign Language Club, Speech, etc etc...) they all gave their leaders something....I felt HORRIBLE....totally aweful! I immediately dug around in my purse and pulled out a receipt and a pen...I crudely wrote a note...although heartfelt, lacked niceness...I was at a loss. I didn't know what to do...then I had a good idea...I waited until they called me up for another award, then when I was up there I asked the principal if I could say thank you to someone on the mike. He was reluctant at first, but when I told him who I wanted to thank he obliged and I stepped up to the mike...I was so unprepared...I guess all the extemp speech paid off!...the words came so easily, and I praised him. I watched his face as I was up there. At first, he looked unsure, but in a few seconds a huge smile spread across his face. I knew I had done well. I walked back up to the balcony (where the freshman sit) and he ran up and hugged me...I was choking back tears, I felt so good.

I got special permission to be his teacher aide seventh hour, and when I went in there he told me I had made him cry. I felt so wonderful to know that I had really made him get the point of how I felt.

Sarah

he soon forgot how much I was his favorite student, though, and started commanding me around...I don't mind....I mean it's only for a week and a half, then I won't see him again....so even if I am doing his dirty work, I don't mind it....

of course the second he tells me to clean the toilet, I'm outta there!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Awww:smile: The best things aren't gifts...well, unless it's a Muppet action figure, but that goes without saying:wink: Anyway, I'm glad he liked your speech so much, it sounds like he's a great teacher!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh that's so sweet! I'm gald you found something to give him which left an impact! and everyone could hear it! great job and thanks for sharing!:smile:

Take care!

Zachary,

wolfy

Reaction score
Sarah, you've won my award for "Best Student Heartbreaker for Favorite Teacher of the Year" award.

Just pretend that I am standing at the podium presenting it to you with all kinds of congratulations, talks about your wonderful kindness and what a great person you are, as well as how great you treat a teacher who is someone special to you...

You made me cry, kiddo! This has to be the sweetest, kindest thing you could have done for your teacher; believe me, he'll remember this all his life, even if he DOES make you clean the toilets!
wolfy

Baby Animal

Reaction score
Sarah, you have quite the composure for a freshman. Great story. 25 years from now, he'll be sitting around his house with his wife telling her the story of how little Sarah made me cry at school that one time. Then he'll tell her to go clean the toilet.

Speaking of cleaning toilets, what do you charge?

Tony