I...CAN...PROVE IT!!!!!!! (MFC Uncut on Nick!)

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Okay, just want to reply to every message I seem to have missed:

Okay, first off, thanks for backing me Buck...I had to yell because I thought people might think me to be a madman. But I'm not mad ya hear me?!!?! I AM FINE!!! :smile:

Secondly, yes the Fozzie's mother stocking scene does exist, and is on the Nick airing. Very cute little scene.

Grail...I have to talk like Shatner in these Shatner-esque moments..I think its an appropriate use of the stupid pausings. So, I Will...continue with what I, was saying right...okay.

Well...that's basically it. This post was mainly for people like Jeffrey Grey who thought the only complete airing was the original airing. I'm glad to know now that that isn't so. In a way, I need to see the edited version so I can figure out what I'm missing by gaining. :big_grin:

-Matt

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Cantus Rock, I swear that the Night Before Christmas part was shortened on the Nick airing, but I guess I was wrong...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Its cool Jeff noones mad at ya :smile:

I was just saying that really to give you some more hope in finding a complete version rather than slaving to get the original airing.

Also ya know, I'm sure Nick aired the special more than once, maybe you just didn't catch a complete airing of it.

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
All I know is while some edits may be in place on MFC dvd(I myself dont remember what exactly past the muppet babies film)
nothing to me beats seeing MFC in crystal clear digital format!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Matt,

Can you give a detailed description of the Fozzie and Ma Bear Stocking Scene ?

Thanks

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Re: Matt,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Can you give a detailed description of the Fozzie and Ma Bear Stocking Scene ?

Thanks
Hey guys. As the person who traded Matt the MFC tape in the first place, I can field this question.

The stocking scene takes place right after the last commercial break. Ma has hung a stocking over the fireplace and Fozzie complains, saying "I'm not a little cub anymore, Ma." "All right then," says Ma, "I'll take it down." Fozzie stops her and says, "Well, I didnt say THAT!" I dont have the special handy right now, so this is a best guess.

Matt, as for the stuff that was cut...

1) The stocking scene
2) The Muppet Babies home movie, or at least the song portion of it. As soon as it starts, it ends.
3) Fozzie singing with the snowman. Everything between Rowlf and Sprocket barking and the penquins complimenting Fozzie is gone. It kinda makes the entire Fozzie/Snowman thing pointless later on
4) The song "Home For the Holidays", sung right after Piggy finally arrives. Now we go from a close up of Piggy on the sled to inside the house. Too bad too, we miss an "icey patch" joke here.
5) Bits of the Xmas melody, including "Have Yourself a Merry Little Xmas" by Kermit and Piggy and "Peace on Earth" by Statler and Waldorf.

and...I think that's it.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Thanks Mike, you do rock extremely hard. Say I to your sister for me :smile:.

Warrick - He basically got it all in, but I'll watch it again and post it for you when I get a chance to watch it again.

-Matt

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
5) Bits of the Xmas melody, including "Have Yourself a Merry Little Xmas" by Kermit and Piggy and "Peace on Earth" by Statler and Waldorf.
*thuds* Statler and Waldorf SANG?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Yep Ms. Skeeter, the two old guys in the balcony belted out a tune with the rest of the family. :big_grin: They weren't in the balcony this time though, they were just among the rest of the Muppets.

-Matt

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Matt,

Hey Thanks for that !

This explains it, Teh 'Ma and Fozzie Stocking Scene' was never shown in England, Because it has something to do with Fozzie not believing in Santa, Or something.

See ya