1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

I echo this sentiment 100%! This was such a touching segment of the film, and such beautiful music to go with it perfectly! I look forward to this so much.
  2. CopperPot

CopperPot Member

We have loads of that material and when we launch our Kickstarter campaign (which is looking like mid-July), we're actually going to be releasing additional clips. We do have lots of him conducting the orchestras, including some great old 8mm footage of Caroll rehearsing at the Hollywood Bowl with Kermit Love and the whole show he did in Australia. We also have some great material from gameshows, movies, etc... but something to keep in mind is that each show like that requires its own licensing fee, so it can get pretty costly to use all of that stuff.

With that said, we're going to be bringing you guys the best of what we have, so fear not!

Thanks for watching!
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Durn licensing fees.

Understandable though, I'm happy enough with the footage I HAVE seen in the trailers and previews thus far. :)
  4. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Wow! This looks like it's going to be an amazing documentary. I can't wait!
  5. zns

zns Active Member

Thank you so much for this incredible documentary. With it being July now, I guess it's almost time for the Kick-Off campaign soon huh? Bless you CopperPot Pictures for this wonderful film. Caroll Spinney has always been one of my most favorite Muppeteer. I have grown up with Big Bird and this is everything I have hoped for in honor of Caroll.
  6. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I LOVE IT! Man, I cannot WAIT to see the full/completed project, I'm so looking forward to this!

I remember reading in Caroll's book that when his fifteenth anniversary of working with the Muppets was coming up, Richard suggested that a party be held in his honor; Caroll said that Jim threw the best parties, and never skimped on anything. He said as a gift, Caroll received a gold watch, of which he started his speech with, "I've got my gold watch, does this mean I'm being retired?" He also mentioned that working for the Muppets was the second greatest thing that had ever happened to him (wrapping his arm around Debbie, indicating what the first greatest thing was).
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  9. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Hi guys! Just wanted to let you all know, I am a Kickstarter Ambassador for the film. Please consider donating to this wonderful film. Actually, it's not a donation, you'll actually get something out of it, basically, if you donate $25 you get a copy of the film when it comes to to DVD. (So in essence, you're pre-ordering it.) There are some really neat prizes including, I AM BIG BIRD poster, Carol Spinney autograph, a video chat with Carrol and even a dinner with Carrol.

Basically, I have to recruit ten people to donate ANY amount of money from one dollar to ten thousand (but if you want to donate more, they won't hesitate...)

So please, consider helping Copper Pot, and before you do, let me know so I can add you to my list of people I recruited.

Thanks!
  10. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I believe only one dinner is left with Caroll!
  11. Muppet fan 123

12. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I was looking at the donation page, and was (pleaseantly) surprised to see that somebody actually donated 10,000 dollars. And at first I misread the 10,000 prize as a 100,000 dollar prize (if somebody did pledge the entire goal I wonder if they'd get a really great, unlisted prize).

Speaking of which, what'll happen with all the money made if they don't reach the goal? Will the money be sent back or will it be put into another project or what?

I was thinking, if they make 20,000 dollars more than needed, they could donate it to Sesame Workshop on the condition that the money be used too rebuild Bruno. :)
  13. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Awesome rare find! I can't wait to see more interviews, never before seen video and photos, behind the scenes footage from A Muppet Family Christmas, Follow That Bird, Big Bird in China, and The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years.
    I can't wait to see I Am Big Bird!!! :wisdom:
  14. Muppet fan 123

Yes, if they don't make their goal, all the money you doanted goes back to you. That is why your credit card will not be charged until the project has reached it's goal.

Please consider donating to this wonderful project. Also, if you have an Amazon account, you can pay through that, it's usually easier and simpler.

If you are considering donating, please send me a message and let me know before you do! (Or after, doesn't matter)
  15. zns

zns Active Member

I am certainly going to donate as soon as I get the time. This is the one thing I have been waiting for in such a long time. Where is the premiere going to be at anyway? Have there been any theater locations made yet. Thank you so much Muppet fan 123 and Copper Pot Pictures. :wisdom::wisdom::wisdom:
  16. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

Must admit watching the video I got a little emotional. I consider Caroll Spinney and Jim Henson my heroes. :jim: :wisdom:
  17. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

There emotional to me, too. :cry:
  18. zns

zns Active Member

I noticed in the kickstarter campaign that there is a list for both a DVD and a 2-disc special edition DVD set. If there is a 2-disc set, what cn be expected for that one other than the single DVD?
  19. Muppet fan 123

That is a great question! I just noticed that!
    Let me ask the guys in charge of that, and I'll get back to you soon.
  20. CalciferBoheme

CalciferBoheme New Member

Great video! Though I will say that part of me always gets sad when I see videos of Jim and Richard.

This is certainly a project I will be backing. I have no money now, but I'm sure I can work something out before the deadline.