1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story" documentary in development

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Phillip, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

It looks like we'll have another great documentary soon to go alongside "Being Elmo" with Kevin Clash....

Find out all about "I Am Big Bird: The Caroll Spinney Story", secrets behind the living legend, performer of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch.

Watch the exciting "I Am Big Bird" trailer here and let us know your thoughts.

More info on the official site is here...
    http://www.iambigbird.com/
  2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Given the fact that Oscar's my favorite, I WILL SEE THIS.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

What's the release info on this? Is it like Being Elmo, where it's like a Sundance film festival kind of thing, or something? I hate the idea of missing things like this because of the limited releases; I was disappointed none of the theaters in my town were playing Being Elmo when I heard it would be seen in select theaters.
  4. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Hope they put it in more theaters than Being Elmo. I didn't see it til after the fact. Us Muppets fans should get first dibs on stuff like that!
    mo likes this.
  5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Can't wait. Like Alvin said, I hope it stays in theaters for more than a day. I didn't even see Being Elmo yet!
  6. Muppet fan 123

Wait? No release date?
  7. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Really??? You gotta see it... and I wish there was a release date too!
  8. Muppet fan 123

It was showing here for a day... I missed the showing.
    I guess I just gotta wait till it comes out on DVD
  9. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Yeah I can't wait....wish it was gonna be on Blu-ray...don't see that to be available
  10. Byn Always

Byn Always New Member

I watched Being Elmo on Netflix and it made me want to watch more puppet documentaries. I can't wait to see this one!!
  11. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

I know right...I watched it and became sooooo inspired....didn't know what to do with all that inspiration...so I took a nap....lol
  12. Muppet fan 123

Is it on Netfilx? I checked there it said "not availiable"
  13. Byn Always

Byn Always New Member

My hubby and I watched it on Netflix a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure if it was just a short term thing or not.
  14. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

Supposed to be...
  15. Byn Always

Byn Always New Member

Actually, I just loaded it on our Netflix watch it now...
  16. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder how this'll be released (theatrically? Limited run? TV broadcast? Direct-to-video?).

Lots of cool stuff in that trailer. A few things from Follow That Bird, which I can't tell if they're clips from the movie, or behind-the-scenes/b-roll/home movie footage. And a behind-the-scenes clip from Wow You're a Cartoonist! (I first watched the trailer on my cell phone and since Spinney wasn't wearing the head I couldn't tell if that was Picklepuss's Pop or Bruno without the trash can).

Hopefully, we'll get to see some footage of the pre-Elmo "Baby Monster", Spinney's Lefty performances, some footage of the very rare Shivers the Penguin, and some Bruno footage (the 40th anniversary DVD proves that behind-the-scenes footage of the character exists).
  17. Muppet fan 123

18. Byn Always

Byn Always New Member

19. Muppet fan 123

:confused: What is happening?
  20. Byn Always

Byn Always New Member

The forces that be don't want you to see it:(
    mo likes this.