"I am a big girl and I have a little sister..."

Claire

Reaction score
Can anyone remember the episode of Sesame Street from the 70's or 80's that had live action sketch where a little girl is talking about being a big sister and having a little sister? I was about 4 when I saw the sketch and felt very akin to it because my little sister was about six months old. The main question I have is: if anyone does happen to rememberthe skit, there was a song that said "I am a big girl and I have a little sister..." I am desperate to know the name of the song and the episode! My now 31 year old "little" sister is about to have her second baby and it would be so fitting if I could send the song to her and her daughter who is about to be a "big sister" Thanks to anyone who can help

Rosa

Reaction score
Can anyone remember the episode of Sesame Street from the 70's or 80's that had live action sketch where a little girl is talking about being a big sister and having a little sister? I was about 4 when I saw the sketch and felt very akin to it because my little sister was about six months old. The main question I have is: if anyone does happen to rememberthe skit, there was a song that said "I am a big girl and I have a little sister..." I am desperate to know the name of the song and the episode! My now 31 year old "little" sister is about to have her second baby and it would be so fitting if I could send the song to her and her daughter who is about to be a "big sister" Thanks to anyone who can help
Hello Claire -
Not sure if you are still on here but my sister and I ARE the girls from that video! (Literally!) and we are the same age as you both. I am the oldest. To top it off my sister is called Clara. (I say that cuz I noticed you are called Claire) Anyhow we are also looking for that video. You probably don't need it any more. Have you found it by any chance?
Xx
Rosalie

eternaltoddler

Reaction score
Hello Claire -
Not sure if you are still on here but my sister and I ARE the girls from that video! (Literally!) and we are the same age as you both. I am the oldest. To top it off my sister is called Clara. (I say that cuz I noticed you are called Claire) Anyhow we are also looking for that video. You probably don't need it any more. Have you found it by any chance?
Xx
Rosalie
Hi Rosalie!! Are you still on here? Believe it or not, this is the first time I ever saw what you wrote, 8 years later!! I have been looking for this video for many years. I got the biggest surprise yesterday when I saw this on a Sesame Street episode that had been posted by someone else on YouTube about 7 months ago. I think this may be the video that you are referring to! 😁💜

If you go to around 21 minutes 4 seconds in the video, I believe that is the song you and your sister were in that you were talking about.

I actually remember seeing this on Sesame Street when I was a little boy around 8 years old! It seems you were a wonderful big sister. I don't know when this was originally filmed, but in the YouTube video, that was from episode 2044, from March 1985. However, it seems the first time this was shown on Sesame Street was on episode 1643, which was around 1983. I'm 47 1/2 years old now and until yesterday, had not seen that for at least 39 YEARS. 😁😱🤣 The film / song should have been probably called "My Sister and Me", not "My Sister and I", the way the lyrics are. I'm guessing you are around my age. My little brother and I probably are about the same age difference as you and your sister, as I was 4 1/2 years old when he was born in October 1980. Me and my brother had a good relationship and we virtually never fought with each other. He's still a great little brother!

I am 47 but there are things I never was able to do. I have Classic Autism and ADHD. I do have a BA degree in Geography. I could never tie my shoes like you could, so I wore Velcro sneakers till high school. Most of my life as an "adult", I wore slip on loafers! I actually like T strap shoes, but I'm too big to fit into that. I never could blow my nose at any point and still don't know. I can't really skip either.

Thank you for writing! So pleased to see you on here! I'm like you as far as writing on Muppet Central because I haven't said anything here for years. I actually talk quite a lot, perhaps even excessively, but I just haven't said much here on Muppet Central.

Look forward to hearing from you. I hope you and your little sister enjoy seeing that video. I thought the part of you with the jack in the box was hilarious as you look like you are trying to entertain your sister 😁

Take care,

Preston from the Bay Area of Northern California (I actually want to move to Upstate South Carolina, which is the Greenville / Spartanburg area)