I Ain't Doing It!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Daylight Savings Time has been officially extended effective this year: instead of mid-April, we now have to set our clocks forward in mid-March, and instead of late October, we now have to set our clocks back in late November. Well I'm not going to do it! I'm not all that fond of Daylight Savings Time: it being daylight outside till 10:00 at night doesn't feel natural, and were not supposed to re-set our clocks until mid-April and late October.

So while you all are busy ruining tradition, I still won't spring forward until mid-April, and I will have already fall back in late October while you all are still watching the sun set at no 9:30 at night!

Next thing you know, Christmas will be moved to August 13th, and Easter weekend will be in the dead of January!

beaker

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Daylight Savings Time has been officially extended effective this year: instead of mid-April, we now have to set our clocks forward in mid-March, and instead of late October, we now have to set our clocks back in late November. Well I'm not going to do it! I'm not all that fond of Daylight Savings Time: it being daylight outside till 10:00 at night doesn't feel natural, and were not supposed to re-set our clocks until mid-April and late October.

So while you all are busy ruining tradition, I still won't spring forward until mid-April, and I will have already fall back in late October while you all are still watching the sun set at no 9:30 at night!

Next thing you know, Christmas will be moved to August 13th, and Easter weekend will be in the dead of January!
Hear hear! I agree. It's all just a control mechanism for the Orwellian machine of the corporate mass media and government to keep us all enslaved...jump? How high sir? Uh uh. I will stand with you in your resistance!

ack...but then I will be all confuzzled by me being with the wrong time, will be late for work. And awwww *once again becomes a zombie for the machine*

MrsPepper

Reaction score
What sucks the most about this is that, I heard somewhere, my country will be doing it too just because YOUR country is, so it doesn't mess up trade or something.

And we're farther north than you so the amount of daylight thing is already screwy!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
What sucks the most about this is that, I heard somewhere, my country will be doing it too just because YOUR country is, so it doesn't mess up trade or something.

And we're farther north than you so the amount of daylight thing is already screwy!
I was told that OUR country ASKED your country if they wanted to go along with it because apparently we weren't going to do it if others didn't want to as well.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I was told that OUR country ASKED your country if they wanted to go along with it because apparently we weren't going to do it if others didn't want to as well.
Gosh, it sounds like our country is being run by a bunch of pre-teen girls. (no offense to any of those who may be out there)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Beakerfan said:
Gosh, it sounds like our country is being run by a bunch of pre-teen girls. (no offense to any of those who may be out there)
ROFLMAO!!!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Whatever it was, if you ask us to do stuff most of the time we do because, and I've said this before, in certain aspects we are like your tag-along little brother. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh come on, surely Canada can make it's own decisions, I mean they must otherwise they'd be in the middle of a hundred wars just like we are!