Hypothetical: The Muppets Are For Sale

pjtoadie

Reaction score
Let's say that Disney decided to sell The Muppets, who would you want to purchase them? Would you want another large company like NBC/Universal to purchase them and then in turn they'd utilize them at their parks or maybe someone not as big but they will try and put them #1 rather than just being another IP? Or would you want the Henson family to purchase them back? I just want more Muppets and I want them to be a big focus for whoever owns them.

*There might have been another thread on this so I apologize in advance if there is.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Probably universal or Warner Bros.
Let's say that Disney decided to sell The Muppets, who would you want to purchase them? Would you want another large company like NBC/Universal to purchase them and then in turn they'd utilize them at their parks or maybe someone not as big but they will try and put them #1 rather than just being another IP? Or would you want the Henson family to purchase them back? I just want more Muppets and I want them to be a big focus for whoever owns them.

*There might have been another thread on this so I apologize in advance if there is.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I don't know who I'd want to buy them, but I can tell you, I definitely don't want Warner Brothers to buy them, mainly because I have issues with them when it comes to Hanna-Barbera.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Idk, but I know one thing:I don't want it to be Viacom. Because if they were bought by Viacom, we could no longer make Muppet YouTube Poops. I think we have enough forbidden YouTube Poop sources already and I hope my favorite franchise is never owned by those YTP hating people:
A Day at the Viacom Offices

We've got to censssssor YouTube, you foolsssssss! Now follow my orderssssss!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah those two companies are huge so they'd be able to throw a lot of money and resources into the Muppets.
Universal would be a terrible choice.

Back in the mid 90s, Bagdasarian Productions sold the Alvin and The Chipmunks franchise to Universal on the grounds the Universal promised to make the Chipmunks bigger in the 90s and 2000s than they were in the 80s and 90s - this was to include TV shows and specials, movies, albums, merchandising, and even theme park attractions (many of the same things Disney said they were going to do with the Muppets). After the sale, all Universal ever did with the Chipmunks was two direct-to-video movies, and that's it; they didn't follow through with any of the other promises they made. So because of this, Bagdasarian Productions sued Universal for breach of contract, and to also buy back control of the franchise, which they were able to do successfully, and since then, Bagdasarian has retained an iron grip on the franchise and continue to do so to this day.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
i think hallmark should buy them, they did such a great job with them, when their network was teamed up with Henson.