How well does the new movie have to do?

Frogster

Reaction score
I've seen it 3 times now, so I've come down just enough off the high from the first viewing that I think I can provide an accurate depiction of how I feel about the seven movies altogether...

1. The Muppet Movie
2. Muppets Take Manhattan
3. The Muppets
4. Muppet Christmas Carol
5. Great Muppet Caper
6. Muppet Treasure Island
7. Muppets From Space

This is only my opinion, I feel it's pretty fair. Just an FYI for those wondering, MCC beat out GMC because when Robin sings "Bless Us all," Ghost of Christmas Present sings "It Feels Like Christmas," Bean Bunny is shivering on Christmas Eve and Beaker gives his scarf to Scrooge, I totally get choked up. I'm a sucker for heartwarming moments. Plus, GMC had too much Miss Piggy for me.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I've seen it 3 times now, so I've come down just enough off the high from the first viewing that I think I can provide an accurate depiction of how I feel about the seven movies altogether...

1. The Muppet Movie
3. The Muppets
4. Muppet Christmas Carol
5. Great Muppet Caper
6. Muppet Treasure Island
7. Muppets From Space
Here's mine:

1. The Muppet Movie
2. Muppet Treasure Island
3. The Muppets
4. The Great Muppet Caper
5. Muppet Christmas Carol
6. Muppets Take Manhattan
7. Muppets from Space

This list may change, seeing as I've only ever watched MTM one and a half times, which was over a year ago, and I just became an owner of the MTM DVD. So maybe after a couple more viewings it'll jump up on my list.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
mine is

1 The Muppets
2 The Muppet Movie
3 Great Muppet Caper
4 Muppet Treasure Island
5 Muppets Take Manhattan
6 Muppets From Space
7 Muppet Christmas Carol

Its kind of hard to say The Muppets is better then TMM but it kind of was for me and MCC i just hate so boring seen it once cuz im a muppet fan but no its just not my favorite

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm hoping this movie will be at least #4 for me. Because the first three movies are always going to be numbers 1, 2 and 3 on my list. So #4 is the next best thing, lol. :wink:

lboyce

Reaction score
It's only the first weekend and it looks like we're going to come out with about $42 million. Folks, that is INCREDIBLE!! It doesn't matter that it didn't make no. 1 at all cause from what I understand Disney expected Twilight to beat it, but with all the other family fare out there, especially a 3D movie and a CGI animated film that we beat, we should be dancing in the halls.

It gets even more exciting when you consider the context of other Muppet films. If you're a Disney executive and you're trying to analyze the viability of the Muppets franchise at this point, I'd say you're probably pretty confident and it's only the first weekend! Let's look at the box office grosses (Domestic) of the other films. The highest gross goes to "The Muppet Movie" with $65 million. At $42mil in the first weekend, we'll have that beat by next weekend, easy. The LAST film, "Muppets From Space", only made $16million TOTAL in it's entire run. We just more than doubled that in our first 5-day weekend. The next highest total after TMM is "Muppet Treasure Island" which has a domestic total of about $35mil. We just killed that in our first weekend too. Folks, I think it's safe to say you're looking at the first Muppet Movie in franchise history that will easily surpass $100 million in Box Office. That is a triumph.

What's even more exciting is that there really is not much "new" competition until December 16th when both "Sherlock Holmes 2" and "Mission Impossible 4" come out. If Twilight starts to die off at all, which considering that it dropped 76% on Friday and only beat us by about $20 million for the 5-day, is a very decent possibility, we even have the possibility of rising to the top at some point in the next 3 weeks. It's safe to assume that with strong word-of-mouth, we could have excellent legs!

Add to that, the fact that this film is currently the highest rated film of the year according to Rotten Tomatoes, we now have successful Box Office and Critical Acclaim to our name as well. As Muppet fans, we should all be overjoyed, in my humble opinion.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Here's mine:

1. The Muppet Movie
2. Muppet Treasure Island
3. The Muppets
4. The Great Muppet Caper
6. Muppets Take Manhattan
7. Muppets from Space
Here are mine :smile: :

1. The Great Muppet Caper
3. Muppet Treasure Island
4. The Muppet Movie
5. The Muppets
6. Muppet Christmas Carol
7. Muppets From Space

I have always loved GMC and MTM, I used to watch them on a daily basis as a kid. MTI is so high on my list b/c Kermit and Piggy's duet of Love Led Us Here. MCC I really like because of Robin, but, its still sad :frown:. And MFS isn't such a favorite of mine because there's not even the slightest bit of Kermit/Piggy lovey interaction and also that Pepe seemed to steal Rizzo from Gozno in the best friend department!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Wow after I left I was thinking where this ranked for me:
1. Muppet Movie (Can't beat it...the magic it has to it is amazing...one of my two favorite movies of all time...the other being Mr. Magorium.... which also has Kermit in it)
2. Great Muppet Caper (first one I remember seeing in theaters)
3. The Muppets (This was better than I expected and am hearing good things from non muppet fans too)
4. Muppets take Manhattan
6. Muppets from Space (it really was a fun movie...missing some of that muppet magic though)
7. Muppet Treasure Island (really...this is the second biggest money maker?)

Aidk321

Reaction score
I am going to say:

1) obviously THE MUPPET MOVIE
2) next, the muppets take manhattan ( I just love those muppet babies)
3) the great muppet caper
4) the muppets
5) muppets christmas carol
Then treasure island
Then my least favorite which did have some good parts, but muppets from space

goldenstate5

Reaction score
It gets even more exciting when you consider the context of other Muppet films. If you're a Disney executive and you're trying to analyze the viability of the Muppets franchise at this point, I'd say you're probably pretty confident and it's only the first weekend! Let's look at the box office grosses (Domestic) of the other films. The highest gross goes to "The Muppet Movie" with $65 million. At $42mil in the first weekend, we'll have that beat by next weekend, easy. The LAST film, "Muppets From Space", only made $16million TOTAL in it's entire run. We just more than doubled that in our first 5-day weekend. The next highest total after TMM is "Muppet Treasure Island" which has a domestic total of about $35mil. We just killed that in our first weekend too. Folks, I think it's safe to say you're looking at the first Muppet Movie in franchise history that will easily surpass $100 million in Box Office. That is a triumph.
In totals, yes, but actual attendance... we're still behind. Here's the adjusted totals off all the movies:

1. Muppet Movie: $206,769,700
2. Great Muppet Caper: $89,353,200
3. Muppets Take Manhattan: $60,492,900
4. Muppet Christmas Carol: $52,354,200
5. Muppet Treasure Island: $61,820,400
6. Muppets From Space: $26,051,500

So, in reality, right now we're only ahead of MFS, but within the next week we'll jump ahead to just behind GMC. By the end of its run, it'll be the only Muppet movie ever to crack 100+ million, yet still technically behind the original. Y'know, unless it catches on like wildfire and somehow reaches 206+. (as much as I'd love it, that would be a miracle)

Keep in mind though that the only thing that matters is that in the next two days it will make up its 45 mil budget, and as long as it doubles that, and of course makes over 100 mil, Disney will consider this an enormous success. Sequel time!