How to Spend a Muppety Day in Disney's Hollywood Studios

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I just returned from another great trip to WDW, and I've seen (and bought!) many Muppet stuff there. I decided to share all the Muppety things you can see in the park, if anyone's planning a trip there soon, make sure to check out some of these awesome things. :smile:
(And some of the other parks too.)

When you enter DHS, go straight to the Chinese Theater, (the building where the Great Movie Ride is).
Outside the building, you'll find footprints and hand prints of many famous actors and actresses, one particually special to me, Jim Henson and Kermit himself.
The best part is, Jim and Kermit's is right in the front so you don't have to look for it.
Oh, if you stop by, make sure to say hi to Piggy, who's still stuck in the cement. :wink:

Pretty cool, huh? But there's way more to see in the parks. That's just the beginning.

Next up: The Backlot Tour!
First, when you enter the backlot tour, look for Beau's taxi from GMC. You can't miss it.
Really, it's the biggest prop in the main prop room, look inside the cab to see how the Muppeteers done it back then.
I wish the hubcap was open so you can see the drivers spot in the front, but it's still really neat. :smile:
Picture:

But wait! There's more to see on the Backlot tour!
While you're driving around, you'll see vehicles from famous and popular movies, including Star Wars, Pearl Harbour, Roger Rabbit, and the fire truck used in Muppet-Vision 3D! (Which I'll get to soon...)
I couldn't snap such a great picture in time, but I'm sure you can find a good one online...

This one I couldn't get any picture of, *cough* *stupidcamera* *cough*
The Clothes worn by Gary and Mary in The Muppets are also on display,
At the part where you drive through the section where costumes are made for shows and movies.
I don't know how long that'll be around for, they usually change it every once in a while...

Now to the Muppet Courtyard!
Muppet-Vision 3D! Go in! As exciting as it is, slow down to look at some of the brilliant things in the queue and pre-show room. Make sure you're also on time for the pre-show, in my opinion, it's even better than the actual show!
Make sure to take a picture by the fountain before you go in!

When you come out, you'll see the Muppet Store, (but known by the name of Stage 1 store, since they sell other stuff there too.) The entire store was built for the Muppets, so walk around the entire thing to see it all.

Make sure to go to the right of Muppet-Vision 3D, to see the full queue, that mostly isn't used anymore. There's hilarious signs and parody posters there, you should definaltey not miss that.

Well, there you have it folks! Your guide to having a Muppety day in Disney's Hollywood Studios!
I'll add more stuff and more pictures to anything I left out later. If I forgot something, please post it here.

That's all folks!
Enjoy the rest of your stay here at MC Forums!

MissMusical12

Reaction score
How exciting! The last time I went to Disney World, I bought myself an Animal T-shirt (don't know where it went, though). Buy anything there?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought a whole bunch of stuff, maybe I post some pictures.
I bought a great Fozzie plush, the Disney Parks Muppet Figure Collection, Three Muppet books, Who Was Jim Henson?, Frogs are Funny, and It's Hard out here to be a Shrimp. I also got a Miss Piggy PEZ, which I saw at some candy store. :smile:
I'm very excited to have all these new things in my collection.

I wish I had some Muppet pins, but those things are so expensive. Everyone seems to be very in to the pin-trading thing in WDW, I felt very out of the loop.

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought a whole bunch of stuff, maybe I post some pictures.
I bought a great Fozzie plush, the Disney Parks Muppet Figure Collection, Three Muppet books, Who Was Jim Henson?, Frogs are Funny, and It's Hard out here to be a Shrimp. I also got a Miss Piggy PEZ, which I saw at some candy store. :smile:
I'm very excited to have all these new things in my collection.

I wish I had some Muppet pins, but those things are so expensive. Everyone seems to be very in to the pin-trading thing in WDW, I felt very out of the loop.
I own a couple of pins myself. Sadly none of them are Muppet ones, but the next time I go to Disney World, I'll make sure to find a good one to trade one of my pins for.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Seems like you had an awesome time there! When I went in 2008 I wasn't into the whole Muppet thing, so I don't remember any of the stuff you shared. I should definitely go back one day.

Hubert

Reaction score
Good to hear a report. Before I saw this thread, I was thinking about bugging you to give us a report about your trip. :stick_out_tongue:

Did you see anything else in the way of neat merch there that's worth mentioning? I know sometimes Park exclusive items that no one knows about suddenly appear at Disney, so I thought I'd ask.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
..Hmmm... nothing that we've haven't seen before. The only exclusive things I can think of is the Muppet Star Wars figures and the Disney Parks figure. (I'll post pictures).

It's pretty much the same stuff as last year, really. They didn't even have any of the movies on DVD! Not even The Muppets!

crazy chris

Reaction score
Sounds like such a fun time!!

What show do they perform in the theater? ive never been!

cc

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
They show Muppet-Vision 3D in the theater. The whole thing is amazing!
The actual theater looks exactly like the Muppet theater, except the fact that there is a screen instead of a stage.

They recently re-mastered the film that's shown there. I gotta say, it looks really stunning now! It didn't look that great before, especially compared to the other 3D films in the parks.