How the mighty have fallen...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Holy Moley! The rare pieces are on the way back up in a big way! We've got completed sales of $175, $164, $170, and $201 for the Kermit Lunch box piece over the last three days.

The Dr. Teeth variant reset his all time high closing price on ebay three times this week, after setting his last all time at $122.50 a few days ago. Dr. Teeth sold for $127.50, $137.50 and the latest one went for $167.50.

There have also been five industry giveaway fully invisible Beakers that have sold for between $142.50 and $156.00 on ebay over the last five days. If Ken's able to get the go ahead to make this fig available through the collector's club, watch those prices fall like a lead balloon.

Looks as if the Muppet Show line is being well rec'd by the toy collector's market and the completists are realizing how scarce these three pieces are. It's scary to think that if you add up the production runs of these three rarities, it's just a tad over 1,000 pieces. GULP! I shudder to think what these three will be selling for by years end, as more of these figs dry up.

grail

Reaction score
ouch...

i see what you mean, though...my WW Dr. Teeth is MINE, it's not leaving my posession. eventually all the ones that exist are going to find their way into the hands others like me...

that's when Ken starts getting real popular...because people KNOW he's got a couple of everything (or at least he SHOULD)...before you know it, he (and the other Palisades folks too) will have trade and buy offers coming out his ears. (though if Ken's smart, he'll start grabbing a few extra, and using them to bargain things like...free catering for his wedding, or plane tickets to hawaii for Jan...things like that)

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
my WW Dr. Teeth is MINE, it's not leaving my posession. eventually all the ones that exist are going to find their way into the hands others like me
Exactly. What are the prices going to be like after that happens when there are only a handful floating around on ebay?

grail

Reaction score
i don't even want to think about it...

Aerosmith

Reaction score
I didnt get a WW Dr.Teeth :frown: I need to get one one day.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Aerosmith
I didnt get a WW Dr.Teeth :frown: I need to get one one day.
i'll sell you MINE!!

(that's a joke folks, sorry Aerosmith...it was just too perfect a set-up)

karmadorje

Reaction score
I got Lunchbox Kermit for $80 Buy It Now. I was shocked that they sold it for so low! It is the lowest price I have seen. The auction was only up like 10 minutes before I grabbed it.

Michael

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw that karmadorje. I don't include auctions like that in the sales report, because I feel like that's an aberration and it doesn't reflect the current market value.

It's the seller's fault it sold so low, because they underestimated the value of the piece and put their buy it now price too low. As you said the auction only lasted for an instant after it made it into the search engines. Obviously with current trends it would have gone higher if the auction had played out.

Great grab for your collection. It pays to keep your eyes open for bargains like that. :smile: