How the mighty have fallen...

MM-III

Reaction score
Kermit in lunch box has fallen dramatically in price... the latest two to sell have sold for 160.00 and 104.53.

While by no means cheap, it's at least a little easier on the wallet of the completist.

There are three others that will close in the next two days... and all of them will likely close in the 100.00 dollar range. If no new listings happen, the last lunchbox may spike in value.

In other news...

As I predicted, the price of dr. teeth has also started to fall after hitting record highs a week or two ago. The highest yet paid for teeth is $99.99 You can now obtain one in the 70's and a figure starting at 83.00 with a buy it now at 96.00 failed to sell altogether.

Now the big question of the day... does anyone care anymore?

If everyone who's planning on getting a teeth has already gotten one and likewise with the kermit... I suppose there is very little point in continuing to update this. I'm happy to do it if it helps as an informal price guide, but if no one is interested, I can cut it out and find other things to talk about. I got a little unprovoked negativity last time I did this and so I'm just wondering what everyone's thoughts are... annoying or informative?

Let me know.

bw0000

Reaction score
I don't know what everyone else thinks, but I really appreciate you doing this! It saves me alot of time. I just thought I would say thanks!

MM-III

Reaction score
Well as long as it's helping one person out... I guess I should have added a third choice "indifferent."

Anyway... there's an 86 dollar kermit lunch box closing in 7 minutes... best deal I've seen in weeks... might want to grab it.... or wait 5 hours for one that is currently sitting at 67 bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1744012649

edit.. sorry forgot the link...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Some of "The Mighty" are making a comeback.... :wink:

The Dr. Teeth variant seems to be on the climb again. Since the $83.00 sale that MM-III reported, the figure dropped even more with sales of $81, $77, $76, $75, $73, and bottoming out at $68.00. These were all prior to the 4th of July holiday, so that folks getting ready for a long weekend may have had an effect on net traffic. After the 4th, prices for the good doctor were back up, with sales of $95, $95, $85, $85, $91, and now the latest figure to close hit an all time high price for the fig on ebay of $105.50.

The Lunchbox Kermit, on the other hand, has continued downward. Three others have sold since MM-III's $104.00 reported sale, and they sold for $90, $86, and $86. This still seems to be a much harder item to find on ebay than the Dr. Teeth Philly variant, but it also seems that the plastic bubble tray and Wizard party sticker inside the lunchbox being the only differences with this figure simply aren't enough of an attraction anymore, now that the same Kermit figure has been mass released in series 1.

The new "holy grail" of the Muppet line, fully Invisible Beaker (the Chicago Wizard World party giveaway) has one confirmed sale at $100.00 on a buy it now (the auction only lasted about 3.5 hours). The next one in line closes in three days and is up to $102.50 already. It'll be interesting to see how that one does.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Hey MM...keep doing it. I love reading your info...you are the Charles Schwab of the Muppet world...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Since the last report, two more Dr. Teeth Philly exclusives have reached the $100.00 magic number, selling for $102.50 and $100.00, with two others selling for $91 and $94. A fifth figure went on the buy it now for $50.00, but this auction only lasted about two hours and the figure was in damaged packaging (the bubble was pulled away from the backing card at one corner). A steal at current prices for anyone who planned on freeing the good Doc anyway, or who doesn't care about packaging condition.

The Philly Dr. Teeth variant got press in this month's issue of Toyfare, and I've got to believe that their article letting people outside the Philly con and this forum that the figure exists is contributing to the higher prices we're seeing now. Toyfare reported that the figure is selling for $45.00 at the time they went to press. I expect that number will be going up when they put the Muppet Show figs in their price guide section.

No new completed sales for the Lunch Box Kermit giveaway. There are a couple current ones on ebay right now, but there's no clear indication where prices on this figure are headed at this point. There's one on ebay with a bid of $100.00 (reserve not met, buy it now price of $500.00! YIKES!), and two others with current bids of $50.00 and $60.00. Nothing to suggest that the Kermit prices are going to head back up to the $200.00 level at all.

The fully Invisible Beaker industry giveaway seems to be an easy sell in three or four hours for sellers with buy it now prices of $100.00 (two completed sales at that price). Sellers who are letting their auctions play out are getting even more, with completed sale prices of $102.50, $113.61, and $127.50 most recently.

IMPORTANT! Again, Ken has said that no one should be buying the Invisible Beaker at these prices on ebay, as he's going to see what he can do to make this figure available to us in the future.

The regular boxed Vanishing Cream Beaker and "error" bagged Vanishing Cream prices seem to vary too widely to guage with any accuracy.

keeper7keys

Reaction score
I have to voice my support for this topic too...this helps in saving the disappointment of looking up the auctions and seeing that price. Plus it is a good to see where the demand is.
Later

Dr Teeth

Reaction score
A Kermit in Lunchbox just sold for $166.03 yesterday on eBay. So it looks like it is on the up swing again. Do you see this as a $200+ item? :confused:
Since it was limited to around 300 (is that right? how many of these were made?) I think there will be a huge demand when more of this lines series comes out.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Hmmmn, yeah it looks like the other Kermits on ebay this week are going to easily hit the $100.00 mark as well. Two of them sit at $80.00 already with many days left and the high bidder one both of them was shut out on the $166.00 completed auction you mention. His $155.00 bid there wasn't good enough, so you can be sure his bid has room to move upward on either of those auctions.

Remember to search for both "Kermit lunch box" and "kermit lunchbox" on ebay for this fig as sellers are listing it both ways. So it looks like Kermie is back on the upswing as well, you are right. If you're super anal about packaging, there's a lunchbox Kermit on ebay right now that has never been opened. It's still sealed in it's original cello baggie. :smile:

Honestly though, I still think the Dr. Teeth variant is a stronger piece in the long run between the two figures. I know, the numbers are in favor of the Kermit, 300 Kermit vs. 424 Dr. Teeth made, but I really think that the lack of a difference between this Kermit and the series 1 Kermit (save for the bubble tray and the sticker inside the lunchbox packaging) hurt the Kermit figure more. I think that many folks will view the lunchbox Kermit as a fringe item, and not part of the line since it was a giveaway, while they will view the Dr. Teeth variant as part of the line since it was a retail item. By the way, the Dr. Teeth hit a new all time high on ebay with an auction closing price of $122.50!

Having said that, it wouldn't surprise me if both of these figures approach the $150.00 - $200.00 level by the end of the year, but I'd be skeptical if someone said we'd see average prices higher than that, especially for the Kermit.