How The Grinch Stole Christmas Replaced by Two Regular Show Airings

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to watching it, until this block called Gift Time happened, and one of my favorite specials got replaced by TWO REGULAR SHOW AIRINGS, here's my reaction to this.
Seriously, CN, you couldn't give Regular Show a break just for this ONE AIRNG THAT HAPPENS ONCE A YEAR.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
That is all...I mean, I like Regular Show, but come on, they show it ALL THE TIME.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Relax.

ABC is going to air it at 8 PM on Christmas Eve, followed by the live action movie version.

I'm starting to think, if anything, ABC Family's to blame.

That said, must be nice to actually have Christmas specials instead of reruns from last year and 2 episodes of Shark Tank back to back.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Hey, it could be worse. At least it's not Johnny Test or The Annoying Orange; two shows nobody likes, but CN loves to shove down people's throats.

And it's not like you can't get The Grinch on any other channel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, it could be worse. At least it's not Johnny Test or The Annoying Orange; two shows nobody likes, but CN loves to shove down people's throats.
Apparently, they're getting rid of Mad. I'm much more steamed about that. it was far better than Robot Chicken ever was. And lemme tell yah, when they actually did the research, the sketches were amazing.

Wanna know why Johnny Test is still on the network? It's cheap. CN doesn't have to produce the show, and I'm sure because of the low budget animation and Canadian production credits that keep the episodes cheap. All this from a meh cartoon that WB disowned after the first season... the good season (and that's saying something).

As for The Grinch... well, if you look at the Christmas section of a store that still carries videos, there's at least 5 different versions of it. At least 2 of them are in box sets. They rerelease it every year on the same formats with like one or two bonus features added (or taken away).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well it's more like people don't want it to disappear from TV.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's got like several airings on other channels, so it's safe. If it were to disappear from television completely, there would be outrage. In fact, the only specials that are never in danger of not being aired are that, Frosty (and that crap freaking non-canonical special that I already complained about), Charlie Brown (and unfortunately that hour long one about Rerun), and Rudolph. Maybe Santa Claus is coming to town.

Meanwhile, Garfield's Christmas Special is on an out of print DVD. And whatever oversaturization and hate Garfield now gets, that was a brilliant special. It's not commercialized, it's not religious, it's a nice slice of life story about a family's Christmas. I really think we're all missing out not having this gem on TV annually.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's got like several airings on other channels, so it's safe. If it were to disappear from television completely, there would be outrage. In fact, the only specials that are never in danger of not being aired are that, Frosty (and that crap freaking non-canonical special that I already complained about), Charlie Brown (and unfortunately that hour long one about Rerun), and Rudolph. Maybe Santa Claus is coming to town.
In the UK, The Snowman is safe as well, namely because the network that airs it annually (Channel 4) were the producers, and there would be similar outrage if they were to stop.

Drtooth said:
Meanwhile, Garfield's Christmas Special is on an out of print DVD. And whatever oversaturization and hate Garfield now gets, that was a brilliant special. It's not commercialized, it's not religious, it's a nice slice of life story about a family's Christmas. I really think we're all missing out not having this gem on TV annually.
I loved when Jon's grandma hijacked the piano to play her rendition of "O Christmas Tree". :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dashing through the snow...
In an off-topic driven thread.

How we got from Grinch to Garfield, *shrugs.
Agree that Garfield's Christmas special should be on air every year. Especially when it's thanks to that fat cat we learned the maxim, "The sooner you go to sleep on Christmas Eve, the sooner it's Christmas Day." That, and once it's past midnight on December 25, it's technically Christmas Day and we can pester our parents to go and open the presents now.