How does bear work?

fannyarbuckle

Reaction score
Does any body know how that guy controls that seven foot bear? Ive search the web but i just dont know. My family and were watching it on tv tonight and my husban and i were fasinated about how bear moves. Can any one help? :eek: .

Reaction score
well all can tell you with out over stepping. is he works the same way as Big bird.

and the Bears that were in the live show worked slightly different then the ones in the TV show.

BEAR

Reaction score
The right arm/hand is extended over the puppeteers head inside the costume and is operating the head/mouth/eyes and the left arm is controlling Bear's left arm. Hope this helps.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But sometimes don't you see both of his hands working at the same time?

BEAR

Reaction score
But sometimes don't you see both of his hands working at the same time?
I don't think so. Although usually there is an invisible wire (like a fishing line) attached from the right arm of the puppet to the body so that the arm moves sometimes.

Reaction score
Thanks Bear , I can't really give out that info due to a confidentiality agreement.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
There has been a lot discussion in the puppetry forum about "walk around" puppets like Big Bird and Bear in the past. If anyone wants to look those up, just do some searching in the puppetry section.