How do we start a petition for more Sesame Street Old School DVD's?

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
I wonder if we could petition to get the following "Old School" volumes released on DVD in the future?

*Volume 3 (1979-1984)
*Volume 4 (1984-1989)
*Volume 5 (1989-1994)
*Volume 6 (1994-1999)

I would be all for volumes 3, 4 and 5, since Volume 6 would be intended for those people who mainly watched Sesame Street when Elmo had gradually replaced Big Bird as the show's major star.

~Ben

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's the Catch 22. No one pays attention to internet petitions anymore. Sure, it got us Fraggle Rock on DVD... they claim it was what saved Family Guy, but it was really DVD sales and ratings of the CN reruns.

And yet, if we don't, they won't notice there's a market for it. I really think WB wanted to get the SS license to make Elmo videos and nothing else. But the Spoofs set showed that there was a market for older fans, AND it showed there was the intent.

We NEED more old episodes on DVD. I don't trust Amazon or itunes downloads.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
If someone starts a petition (maybe on 'iPetition') I'll very happily sign it.

However what I really want them to release is complete season sets. I know it would take a lot of DVDs, but I still think they should. If they released them on BluRay they could easily fit season 1 on 20 or less discs with room for special features.