How do MUPPETS SIP liquids through straws?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Just a question for any Muppeteers here:

What's the secret behind the illusion of getting Kermit and/or Ernie to sip liquids through a straw?

What's the truth behind that magic trick?

matleo

Reaction score
jeffkjoe said:
Just a question for any Muppeteers here:

What's the secret behind the illusion of getting Kermit and/or Ernie to sip liquids through a straw?

What's the truth behind that magic trick?
From what I understand there's a hole in the bottom of the glass with a tube leading out of it and a spigot on the end of the tube (like the spigot you'd find ona beer keg). When the puppeteer wants to empty the glass, he simply pushes down on the spigot and 'drink' flows down. not sure if that's a very good description, but I hope it helps.

--matt

Beauregard

Reaction score
WOWOWOWOWOWWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!! I did not KNOW that!!! That is soooooo COOL!!!!!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to run a small plastic tube from the bottom of the glass and under the table? That way you wouldn't have to ruin a table by putting a hole in it, you could just cover the tube with an old tablecloth or placemat.

--"Scary" Larry Wolf

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Why don't they just shell out the money to actually make the puppets drink out of the straws? Cheap-Os...:rolleyes:

:big_grin:

poopsie

Reaction score
while they are at at, why not just make them eat food too! :wink:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Isnt there another thread exactly like this one? I thought I could have been going crazy buy I know I am right, go to the very bottom of the thread and theres a list of similar threads and its the first one on the list, they are discussing the exact same thing :smile: .

lol
:excited:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
Isnt there another thread exactly like this one? I thought I could have been going crazy buy I know I am right, go to the very bottom of the thread and theres a list of similar threads and its the first one on the list, they are discussing the exact same thing :smile: .

lol
:excited:
And if you look more closely you'll see that both threads are started by the same person on the same day. So this is just an example on how things can go when the same topic are posted in more than one place on this forum.