How do I get a job as a Muppeteer?

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
FISH'N'WOLFE said:
I'm really sorry to hear that, it must be hard right now. Just concentrate on pursuing your dream and it should help relieve some of the stress.

Thanks, I appreciate the support. I am working a few sculpures right now and it really does help.

shtick

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
very true, it unfortunate that the only thing people really think of when you say puppet is the hand mouth style made famous by Jim...
Its a bit of a late response, but saying that about Jim is like saying "Anyone playing rock music is just taggin after what Dylan and BB King started!"

Jim influenced the world of puppetry so greatly that his style became a standard.

ravagefrackle said:
the more puppetry you know, and learn , the better a puppeteer you are...
and in following alf forms of puppetry before creating his own, Jim made an example to emulate by in the sense that he looked at everything before starting his own thing. Just goes to show...

(Hey, better late than never, okeh...) :rolleyes:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
shtick said:
Its a bit of a late response, but saying that about Jim is like saying "Anyone playing rock music is just taggin after what Dylan and BB King started!"

Jim influenced the world of puppetry so greatly that his style became a standard.

and in following alf forms of puppetry before creating his own, Jim made an example to emulate by in the sense that he looked at everything before starting his own thing. Just goes to show...

(Hey, better late than never, okeh...) :rolleyes:
I agree with that 100%, Jim was into so many differnt styles of puppetry, I mean from the simple, to the complex, and the technology grew with the Muppets untill they have become what they are today. I always think of the Tin Man in return to OZ, he ha sno speaking lines and is in it very brifely, but is an amazing example of the craft and magnificent puppetry of Jim Hensons team.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
Well gang my wife is leaveing me, so i have to move out of the house so that is the end of my studio. I am so bewildered by all of this. I know i made some mistakes, but I wanted to work through this. She is just tossing in the towel.......RATS!
Didn't you two just move there or something? Or am I thinking of something else?

And, nobody is considering counseling at all??

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Didn't you two just move there or something? Or am I thinking of something else?

And, nobody is considering counseling at all??
Fozzie, My ex wife and I moved out her about 2 and a half years ago. She is in the Army and we traveled around a lot before getting permanent out here in Denver.

I moved out Feb. 13th, Happy Valentines Day to me, and if all goes well the divorce will be final this September. It has been a long hard road, I really wanted to get help counseling, and we did go about 4 times. But all my ex kept shouting was "I am done, I want a Divorce!" So what can I do.

Any way it has been very lonely for me, I have very few friends, and it is hard building friends especially because I am all alone. All My family and Friends are on the east coast, so I have to try and make my way out here all alone.

"Making your way in the world to day takes every thing ya got. Getting a break from all your worries sure would help a lot....some times you wana go where every body knows your name, and there always glad you came."

If you would like to discuss this further please contact me at scarecrow34@hotmail.com
:frown:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score

BEAR

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
"Making your way in the world to day takes every thing ya got. Getting a break from all your worries sure would help a lot....some times you wana go where every body knows your name, and there always glad you came."

Well, my friend...just think of this place as our version of Cheers.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd say so. I think we all generally do care a lot about each other here at these boards. That's one thing I've always liked about it here: We have our disagreements, but we are quick to forgive and forget, and so that makes it just like family!

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'd say so. I think we all generally do care a lot about each other here at these boards. That's one thing I've always liked about it here: We have our disagreements, but we are quick to forgive and forget, and so that makes it just like family!

Well...most of us are quick to forgive and forget. You will always come across a couple of sourpusses. lol :wink: