How Cookie Monster works?

Georgina

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I usually think how Cookie Monster works...How many people move it? The two hands are from one person, or maybe two...But somebody has to move his mouth... :confused:
Maybe somebody has an idea!

And wow! His eyes! Are really funny!! jaja! Do you know how them work?

No idea!!

BEAR

Reaction score
Hi! Cookie Monster works the same way such characters as Ernie, Oscar the Grouch, and Fozzie work. One performer works the left hand and head (while also providing the voice), and a second performer operates the right hand. Hope this clears things for you.

Georgina

Reaction score
Thank you very much Bear! :smile:

Yes, this clears all for me! It has to be so dificult to move coordinately!

Thank you!

wiley207

Reaction score
Cookie Monster is what they call a Live-Hand Muppet.

Ernie and Rowlf and Fozzie and Dr. Teeth and Herry Monster are also Live-Hand Muppets. Also, any character made out of the Large Lavender Live Hand Anything Muppet or was originally made out of that Muppet pattern (Count Von Count, The Amazing Mumford, Harvey Kneeslapper, Joe Marley, Biff the Construction Worker, Rodeo Rosie, etc.) are also Live-Hand Muppets, too. I think Richard Hunt usually did right-hand work when Jerry Nelson operated a Live-Hand Muppet.

shtick

Reaction score
what avout the eyes? Is there a cookie monster eyes diagram floatin around? if not could someone draw one up?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The eyes are just spheres and the pupil isn't fixed in one position. The pupils are attached to the eye using a single pin, or nail or something like that so that they can spin around freely to create the "Googly" eye effect.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
The eyes are just spheres and the pupil isn't fixed in one position. The pupils are attached to the eye using a single pin, or nail or something like that so that they can spin around freely to create the "Googly" eye effect.
In the case of the Cookie Monsters I've seen, they were tiny, tiny screws. I guess that's so they don't pull out so easily. But there was definitely a small slot in the end. You just can't see it on television.

:stick_out_tongue:

Georgina

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you Muppet dude, Shtick, Buck-Beaver, and Was Once Ernie!
You know a lot of things!

I think that sooner I'll try to make the Cookie Monster eyes...But first, I'll make a Live-Hand-Puppet!

I'll tell you my experience! :wink:

Thank you!