1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

How big WERE the Gorgs?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by BlakeMP, Jan 6, 2009.

1. BlakeMP

BlakeMP New Member

Something that's always kinda nagged at me over the years... just exactly how big were the Gorgs supposed to be, anyway? I mean, they could hold a Fraggle in their hands like an action figure (y'know, had they ever actually caught one), but Fraggles are regular Muppet-sized. If the Gorgs are big enough to toss them around like that, they'd be giant-sized to humans too, wouldn't they?

I need a Gorg/Human/Fraggle/Doozer size comparison chart. :smirk:
  2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

There's one floating around on the net somewhere. The one I've seen shows Ma as 22ft, Doc as 6ft, Fraggles as roughly 2ft (I think 22in), and Doozers as 6in. Junior'd probably be more 24-25 or something, since he's taller than both his parents. Try to find that old Macy's parade clip with Fraggle Rock ... to see what Junior would look like in Outer Space.
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Here is a chart listed by one of our members. Sorry that I don't remember the specific contributor. Them Gorgs are HUGE! :coy:
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Wow, I'd never pictured it that way before! Reminds me of the huge dinosaur and giant sloth skeletons at the museum, lol.
  5. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

Almost as big as two of the worlds biggest elephants ridding piggy back on one another :3.

As a side note, the tininess of fraggles is one of the reason I can't help cooing over how small their babies must be (from the opening theme before they got rid of the idea) :D
  6. BlakeMP

BlakeMP New Member

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks!