Hoots needs a comeback

Who would you like to see perform Hoots?

• Bill Barretta

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Tyler Bunch

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Ryan Dillon

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

HiHo3892

Reaction score

Hoots the owl has been absent from the street for quite some time. Who do you think could perform him? I know there were some people who were saying Ryan Dillon on one of the wiki pages, but honestly just because it's a Kevin Clash character doesn't mean it would be the right fit for him. I think his range is too high.

I would go with Bill Barretta or Tyler Bunch. Thoughts?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who do you think could perform him? I would go with Bill Barretta or Tyler Bunch. Thoughts?
Of those two, probably Tyler because Bill doesn't normally perform for SST - especially now that the Classic Muppets have more going on right now and he's busy with Pepe, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, and what have you.

I could possibly imagine John Kennedy taking over the role considering he's also got musical talent.

They better not bring this puppet back.

I actually prefer that puppet. Well, mainly the eyes.

HiHo3892

Reaction score
Of those two, probably Tyler because Bill doesn't normally perform for SST - especially now that the Classic Muppets have more going on right now and he's busy with Pepe, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, and what have you.

I could possibly imagine John Kennedy taking over the role considering he's also got musical talent.

I actually prefer that puppet. Well, mainly the eyes.
I feel like that puppet is better built as well. Bill used to perform as Elmo's dad I believe. Tyler is doing him now.

But I don't really feel like those characters are taking up a ton of his time. I'm not sure what you're saying in regards to the Muppets being busy. There hasn't been a whole ton going on right now. I don't believe there are really any performers that have their hands tied with the Muppets.

I don't think the Muppets are a full time job right now. I mean none of Bill's characters have been used in the "thought of the week" videos which were shot a while back anyways. Other than the Hollywood Bowl a few months back, from what I can see I don't believe there are any performers that are super "busy" with the Muppets.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I don't think his range could go that deep. I just included him because he performs Elmo. But other than that I don't think he would be the right fit.
Ryan's voice can actually go quite deep. Have you seen his character Lewis Gagalgah? Also when another one of his characters Caren Beige tried to imitate Frankie Cordero, her voice got pretty deep.
Skip to 10:24 to hear Caren's Frankie impression:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I, too would like to see Hoots come back, along with Barkley.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I, too would like to see Hoots come back, along with Barkley.
I really miss Barkley. I know he was Linda's dog, and then later Bob's, but in the earlier years, he was kind of like a stray dog that the whole neighborhood took care of together. I really like the idea of the street taking care of a pet together. Having him there also taught kids about pet care. If nothing else, I can kind of picture him being Nina's dog.