Hooperfan's page

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i'm sure a good deal of you are familiar with this page. http://members.tripod.com/~hooperfan/index-2.html if not take a look at it. old pictures of the SS cast & muppets mostly from the 70s with some 80s and an old 1971 publication about the show. unfortunatly there are a few other sections of it that don't work including 1 that says now a message from Mr. Hooper. don't know what it's about i discovered this site at the wrong time. don't even know when it 1st went up other than it says updated 1- something -98 and whoever owns the site seemed to have long since abandoned the site. tried to email him and get 1 of those system error or whatever you call it.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I followed the link you provided and thoroughly enjoyed all the classic pics (esp. Maria, I used to have a huge crush on her). I also tried emailing Hooperfan but who's to say that person even still maintains that account? I guess we'll just have to see.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The site was run by Jeremy Maine. He hasn't updated the site in about five years, but he is still around.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
The site was run by Jeremy Maine. He hasn't updated the site in about five years, but he is still around.
is there a reason why? also why doesn't he work on the broken links?
also check out this photo from the site http://members.tripod.com/~hooperfan/Live.jpg i know at 1 time the SS human cast did SS live shows though i don't know if they toured but in this photo they're probably perforing some song but they look funny and Cookie Monster looks like he feels that they are acting strange and he's wondering what's the matter with them?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jeremy doesn't have access to the account anymore so he can't edit the site.

The Sesame Street Live picture you mentioned is actually from the reissue of the 1973 Sesame Street Live album that came out in 1977. It's not entirely an actual picture from a show, it's a staged picture for the album cover. That being said though, the original cast did tour during the first Sesame Street Live in 1972. Most all of the songs from this album can be heard on Muppet Central Radio.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Who is this character?

Can someone tell me who the purple Muppet is in this picture?
http://members.tripod.com/~hooperfan/Group2.jpg

I'm talking about the one right behind Bob and Betty Lou.
I just saw a sketch with him and Betty Lou this morning on a more recent episode of Sesame Street. Obviously the sketch was an older one (I'm guessing from the 1970s). The song Betty Lou and the boy sing is called "Amigo". Can anyone tell me what year that's from? Thank you. :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, initially as is the case with most Anything Muppets, he didn't have a name.

However in the "Amigo" sketch you referred to, Betty Lou calls him Carlos.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Actually, the purple AM in the picture is Roosevelt Franklin's Mother.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Don't know who's bran new here or for thos who haven't seen this site here it is.