Honeymooners actor Art Carney dies at 85

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
:frown: I didn't hear that. That's a shame. He was a good actor. I also heard that the tenor half of the Righteous Brothers died last week. :cry: And they were on tour too! Their version of "Unchained Melody" is one of the most perfect recordings ever done.
Erin

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ohh man thats sad i loved him he was one person i looked up to as a comedian. wow all the legands are dieing off this is another sad day.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Art Carney had a good cameo in "The Muppets Take Manhattan" as the father of the Broadway show producer who takes on the Muppets' musical show. I also liked him on "The Honeymooners," one of the funniest shows ever made (besides TMS of course!). His Coca-Cola commercials with Andy (Brian Bonsall) from "Family Ties" were also entertaining.

Has anybody seen "Harry & Tonto"? I'd like to check that one out sometime, esp. since he won an Oscar for it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
He also starred in 1970's Henson-Ed Sullivan collaboration "The Great Santa Claus Switch".

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, this stinks because he was a particularly favorite comedian of mine from the golden age of TV. I wrote him a letter and he responded with a signed 8x10 of Ed Norton!! Nice guy, too.

:frown:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
dbarrie said:
Art Carney had a good cameo in "The Muppets Take Manhattan" as the father of the Broadway show producer who takes on the Muppets' musical show. I also liked him on "The Honeymooners," one of the funniest shows ever made (besides TMS of course!). His Coca-Cola commercials with Andy (Brian Bonsall) from "Family Ties" were also entertaining.

Has anybody seen "Harry & Tonto"? I'd like to check that one out sometime, esp. since he won an Oscar for it.
We rented that movie a couple years ago, and if you even mention the title, or something that reminds him of the title, to my brother Nathan, he bursts into tears. :eek: :cry: That movie just really depressed him, more than any other movie he's seen, I think. And he cries at a lot of movies. :stick_out_tongue: I thought it was an alright movie but it didn't really make much of an impression on me.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
It just occurred to me that Bobby Hatfield of the Righteous Brothers died on Art Garfunkel's birthday. Kind of interesting. "Unchained Melody" was one of the songs Art always used to sing when he was a kid testing out his voice (before the Righteous Brothers recorded the song). And of course, the Righteous Brothers are another of the great musical duos. I found a nice memorial page for him. I was over at my friend's house and noticed that they had a marathon of "The Honeymooners" on TVLand the other day in honor of Art Carney. I thought that was kinda nice.
Erin

Erine81981

Reaction score
Did ya'll know he did the first couple of Yogi Bear cartoons before Daws Bulter took over. I thougt Yogi sound a little like Art. Well will miss u Art. Hope ur happy w/ Jackey and the rest of the crew. Bye. :cry:

Splurge

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
He also starred in 1970's Henson-Ed Sullivan collaboration "The Great Santa Claus Switch".
That's even another reason why that this special should be released on video/DVD.

Say, Phil, you don't know if there are any plans for such a release, as there was with the Muppets on Ed Sullivan DVD?