Holy Maracas! - Unofficial Piggy Replica

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
He's definitely talented, but I have to wonder if he didn't work for JHC in the past and remembered how to make these and, now that he got laid away from the Muppet Workshop, isn't cashing in on the designs.

I'd love to own all of his replica puppets, but he's asking WAY TOO MUCH to sell someone else's characters. I mean, I swapped a Mahna-Mahna replica several years ago for 4 tapes of hard-to-find videos. I kept a second one for myself.

Davina

Reaction score
dang.. i was just about to post threads about these.. it's not just piggy.. i saw his whole previous ebay line (kermit, gonzo, fozzie, animal and the count..) over there

he is pretty good at making them.. but i'd rather save the money for the offical, legal repilcas.. heh

Telly

Reaction score
I'd rather have the legal ones too, but if MR doesn't make Rizzo.......

Luke

Reaction score
He is talented for sure, but its kinda a bit of a worry these are now being advertised right the way over the MC site.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
He is talented for sure, but its kinda a bit of a worry these are now being advertised right the way over the MC site.
This concerns me too. They shouldn't be advertised over here on the sales banner (as I have been calling it). It appears as an endorsement even though I know that is not the case. Some beautiful work on most of these. I'll wait for the real deal. If I were ever to commission something of this sort I'd want to see it through the process, but that's the artist and Muppet fanatic in me.

My thoughts on these - his Kermit is pretty good. Count is wonderful. Piggy's hair is flat, but she's very good too. It's the design of Beaker that gets me thinking that this guy has some inside Muppet knowledge. Animal's nice, shorter hair, but his mouth seems to close (he he). Elmo's Elmo. Fozzie has odd facial proportions and materials but is intriguing. The fact someone would even make Zoot (much less light blue Zoot) is kind of cool. Scooter's just a nice fan-like creation as are Oscar, Grover and Bunsen.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
It's a spider set up to find that information at Amazon. I bet the same thing would happen seeking at ebay.

Amazon should be notified and then maybe they'll remove it so Diz/JHC/SW won't get in a tizzie over it with us.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
It's a spider set up to find that information at Amazon. I bet the same thing would happen seeking at ebay.

Amazon should be notified and then maybe they'll remove it so Diz/JHC/SW won't get in a tizzie over it with us.
I have let Amazon know....hopefully they will take them down.

Davina

Reaction score
I emailed them about it as well.. Perhaps if they get a bunch of messages about it, they'll realize just how serious this is.
(or that we're all a bunch of loonies.. hehehe)

Luke

Reaction score
Maybe it's possible for MC to filter the marketplace products out of the banner - i have no idea. It seemed like only the amazon distributed products were displayed when the banner was first introduced, but i could be mistaken.