Hollywood Studios Muppet Shop

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
Did they only have animal plushes or did they have other ones 2? Also, what was on the mug?

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
They used to have TONS of Muppet Stuff at Disneyland, DCA to be precise, in a stand right outside of Muppet Vision 3D. That's where I got my AWESOME Fozzie plush, was back around 2005 during the 50th. I got tons of compliments from other guests, and even cast members (though one dude called him Rowlf, lol) while carrying him around both parks. The stand was called Rizzo's some-or-other, and was filled with plush, mugs, eatery & lunchboxes, clothing, stationery, magnets & other smallish doo-dads, all kinds of neat junk!! Man it was so cool, and always full of customers waiting to buy their stuff. Dunno why it got taken over by other stuff, it was my impression that it was successful, 'course I don't know their sales numbers. Too bad!

Maybe with the resurgence of The Muppets' (mainstream) popularity, they'll bring it back, or at least offer more merchandise in their other shops. Maybe they'll even do some sort of update to the MV3D show itself? :big_grin: Time will tell.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
lets hope i remember going into the muppet shop in disney land florida and they had tones of stuff palisades figures shirts everything i went back a year ago and it was bare come on disney change this hopefully if i go this year it will be different

Drtooth

Reaction score
Maybe with the resurgence of The Muppets' (mainstream) popularity, they'll bring it back, or at least offer more merchandise in their other shops. Maybe they'll even do some sort of update to the MV3D show itself? :big_grin: Time will tell.

The way Muppet merchandise, or what little of it we have manages to do in stores (I tend to find only one of something left every time) SHOULD have told Disney that this is going to be their big money maker. But sadly, they ignore it, and keep pumping out the same Cars and Princess stuff that does well, supposedly... I just see that stuff sitting there. I'm glad there's going to be bobbleheads and stylized figures... but there really needs to be more.

Isn't that theme park exclusive figure set coming soon? I still claim shenanigoat on the fact they can't release that to Disney stores.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Lol, shenanigoat?!?!! HA HA HA!!! Omg, that is hilarious man, thank you so much! I'm gonna have to use that at least once a week! :big_grin:

I completely agree though, maybe (hopefully?) they DID get the message, and it's just taking development time to catch up. I would absolutely LOVE to see the park stuff appear in the stores! The figure set you mentioned isn't be a problem license-wise, that's the big hold-up against the Star Wars crossover stuff unfortunately, so I don't see why they're making it an exclusive. Dumb. :/

Oh, and as for all the Cars stuff (can't speak for the Princess merch, though it does seem to move pretty fast), I know that my Boy and I check it out and purchase at least 2 products during every visit. There's always other parents and kids digging around too, so I can see why they continue to push it so much.

Let's hope Disney catches up with demand sooner rather than later, enough to keep them I the public eye long enough until the Muppets' next big project! :big_grin: I'm the ever-optimist when it comes to continuously hoping for more Muppet Stuff. Someday they'll realize we can never have enough, ha ha.

Oh, and they... whoops! Lost my train of thought, my little Dude just got sick again! Had to clean up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, and as for all the Cars stuff (can't speak for the Princess merch, though it does seem to move pretty fast), I know that my Boy and I check it out and purchase at least 2 products during every visit. There's always other parents and kids digging around too, so I can see why they continue to push it so much.
Cars stuff sold extremely well the first time, and it supposedly is doing well this time, though all I ever see when I go to the Disney Store are Cars things on sale or clearance. Mostly the plush... they made every single character there. I'm disappointed they didn't make a Kabuki Mater yet... I'd pick that up... but it doesn't seem to be moving as well as the first time. Maybe they over ordered.

It's funny because the Muppets were the third best gift the holiday season at their stores, right after Cars and princesses, and right before more Cars and more Princesses. I know the importance of gender segregated kid's brands, but Muppets crosses that gap.

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
The muppets PVC set is now available at the disney parks, at least mail order. I ordered 2 sets and got them in yesterday. They are awesome and I thought they were at a reasonable price, $12.95 each.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I know the importance of gender segregated kid's brands, but Muppets crosses that gap.
Ugh. I believe this is some of the reason why society thinks boys and girls can't like the same thing

But anyway, I am having a hard time picturing this shop. Is it like an acctual store or a kiosk? And if its an actual store, that is really surprising the would barely put anything in it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ugh. I believe this is some of the reason why society thinks boys and girls can't like the same thing
I hate it... though... I did dig when Burger King had the DBZ/PPG promotion where you got BOTH toys. But that's how most toys are sold... action figures and die cast cars for boys, dolls and stuffed toys for girls. I do hate that, especially considering how many girls grew up loving TMNT and the supposed "boys" shows.

But then, you look at something like Spongebobn (for lack of a better example) that has cross gender appeal. There's no boy/girl stuff there. I see that very same thing with the Muppets... sure, some girls will flock to Piggy, but they'd also grab a Kermit as well. Abby may have been created to sell toys to girls, BUT they still buy Elmos.

Still, Disney wants to gender segregate with Cars and Princesses and it works for them, while a lot of their other franchises (Mickey and Co, Pooh, various Pixar movies) have a shared appeal of both little girls and little boys.