Hollywood has done it again...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yep. Short on ideas for new movies, Hollywood has decided to tarnish another symbol of nostalgia by doing a crappy movie remake.

The victim this time?

Eddie Murphy IS...

Hong Kong Phooy

EDIT: Aww man... you mean we can't do dramatic pauses in our posts anymore?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'll be more disappointed if there's ever a Banana Splits of Fangface movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Frankly I'm a little surprised they're going anywhere near this particular cartoon, heh.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Frankly I'm a little surprised they're going anywhere near this particular cartoon, heh.
I think perhaps Hollywood's running out of cartoons to remake.

Let's face it, we already have the Smurfs... only a matter of time before they remake the Snorks.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dont know how many more palms my face can take :smirk:

So is this all cgi, or another live people-cgi talking animal movie? Whats next? Speed Buggy?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I think perhaps Hollywood's running out of cartoons to remake.

Let's face it, we already have the Smurfs... only a matter of time before they remake the Snorks.
well to be fair smurfs was planned as far back as the first Transformers...basically they made a list of toons and if transformers was successful they would continue with it yogi was on that list too as well and thunder cats and voltron

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yep. Short on ideas for new movies, Hollywood has decided to tarnish another symbol of nostalgia by doing a crappy movie remake.

The victim this time?

Eddie Murphy IS...

Hong Kong Phooy

EDIT: Aww man... you mean we can't do dramatic pauses in our posts anymore?
I really think Robert Guillaume would have been the closer sounding choice. He does have a pretty scratchy voice. He almost sounds like Scatman Crothers.

Somehow I don't mind if this is done correctly, but I doubt it will be. They've been threatening to make a Hong Kong Phooey movie for years now, and sometimes it's just go or get off the pot. SWe almost had a Jetson movie, but the director got pulled off that project to do Spy Kids 4... that may or may not be a bad thing. They've been trying to make a Jetsons movie since 1996. but exactly what can you do with a Jetsons movie? I mean, there's still a lot of fantastic technology we can fantasize about that hasn't been ruined by reality yet... but not that much. But seriously, it feels like waiting forever for that other shoe to drop.

As long as Rosemary isn't some generic Mary Sue who winds up falling in inorganic love with a Marty Stu, I won't complain much... but if it's a kid's pet that talks sass-back like Underdog, there's no reason for it to be made.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm nowhere near ready to see the Farley Brothers' Three Stooges remake that's coming out next year. Not only will it probably replace the Stooges normally funny antics with unfunny toilet humor, but it also will feature a cameo by (*gulp*) the cast of Jersey Shore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm nowhere near ready to see the Farley Brothers' Three Stooges remake that's coming out next year. Not only will it probably replace the Stooges normally funny antics with unfunny toilet humor, but it also will feature a cameo by (*gulp*) the cast of Jersey Shore.
I certainly hope you're joking about that... that sounds too far-fetched to even be true... mixing modern-day Stooges with Snooki and all those other loons?

Perhaps the likes of Tom Bergeron could put a stop to that, he's such a big fan of the Three Stooges, he actually called Larry Fine and Moe Howard when he was a teenager.