Hoggle Action Figure

Squigiman

Reaction score
OH MY , YOU GUYS! I just about had a minor fit when I read this in the new ToyFare, after finishing the day's new comics, in my car:

On page 26 of issue 114, at the bottom, discussing NECA's '07 offerrings:

"CULT CLASSICS
Though a full series isn't on schedule yet, NECA'S got some awesome stand-alone figures planned for next year. Cult Classics Presents kicks off in the spring with a new Hannibal Lecter (in a blood-spattered white outfit), plus the action figure debut of Jareth, the Goblin King from Labyrinth (played, of course, by David Bowie and his package. The first Jareth features his blue outfit from when he first appears in the movie, and a second Jareth will ship later in 2007, packaged with Hoggle."

Yes, you heard that right, a HOGGLE Pack-In! With Palisades out of the picture, I think this is going to be a blessing, based on NECA's work in getting likenesses down. It's so cool Bowie's okayed it, and the allowance that comes with that leads to fine work, like the amazing likenesses in the two Jareth busts, coming soon. Now, we not only get two Jareth figure variants, and hopefully they'll milk his multiple outfits, eventually, like Hasbro on a Queen Amidala rush, but we also get Hoggle, as a bonus. A HUGE Bonus! A Plastic, general figure scaled plastic Hoggle. I imagine, as a completely collector-based line, they'll do their best to give him enough articulation.

Huge things are in store, now that the movie's hit the twenty year mark, and the nostalgia factor continues to grow. Now that I'm finally getting a place to call my own, though living with other people, I can finally break out those door knockers from Hot Topic, for my bedroom door. They've languished in that black plastic bag in my pile of stuff for far too long. Exciting stuff, my friends. I hope you all are granted your Muppetty wishes, this holiday season. I think I just got one, in this announcement alone. See ya.

-Squigiman

crazed gonzo fa

Reaction score
AAAAAWWWWWEEEEEESSSSSOOOOMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where can I get this when it's released?!?!

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Awesome awesome AWESOME!!!

I can't wait!!! I've never bought anything from that toy line, but I've always admired their sculpts' likenesses. I wonder how big Hoggle will be if Jareth is the standard 7 or 8 inches tall?

Eh, I'm not worried about it. As long as they hire Laszlo to do it that is. :cool: Wouldn't that be great? All their work would be done, they just need to pay the guy.

The countdown has begun.

Laszlo

Reaction score
KermieBaby47 said:
Eh, I'm not worried about it. As long as they hire Laszlo to do it that is. :cool: Wouldn't that be great? All their work would be done, they just need to pay the guy.

Thanks! :smile:

Indeed, awesome news! I want them now!!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
NECO always makes great figures! I love the Nightmare Before Christmas line. I wish they would ahve made the Ghostbusters to go with the monsters, though.

CrystalBat

Reaction score
Yeah, big things are in store for all the labyrinth fans out there. I know that Im stoked.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I guess I need to start saving up my money now! Ha ha.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'll buy something as long as it is strongly in favor of the integrity of the characters. That's why Palisades got all my Muppet money, and now will Master Replicas. NECA does this and does it right, they got my moolah too-lah.