Hobbit trailer TOMORROW

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I know we have our fair share of Tolkien fans here, and so I wanted to bring attention to this. I could not be more excited.

In related news - It's ten years to the day since I went to the midnight showing of Fellowship of the Ring. I was eleven. I went in with all the skepticism and baggage in the world, because of the books I loved so dearly. I didn't think they could possibly do it right. And I left having the most perfect film experience of my life, the same one I hope for every time I go to the movies. It made my imagination nonexistent, because it was all I could think about. It was the instant recognition of something that will be part of my life from now until I am no longer watching movies or drawing breath, whichever comes first.

How about you guys? What fond memories do you have of the trilogy?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ah, so they DID make this movie. I heard MGM was sitting the heck on the movie rights.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Ah, so they DID make this movie. I heard MGM was sitting the heck on the movie rights.
Nah, MGM's issues were settled a while ago, and PJ's been shooting The Hobbit for the better part of a year. Incredible cast. Martin Freeman was who I wanted for Bilbo way back in 2004, and six years of patient waiting later, it became a reality.

beaker

Reaction score
Wow, they really went out of their way to make this look like a LOTR film:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Also trailer for the upcoming new Batman(Dark Knight Rises) and new Alien film(Prometheus) are now online

Puckrox

Reaction score
I watched the trailer for The Hobbit on my iPhone in my dad's car on the way to go Christmas shopping. My dad could not fathom why a trailer was making me cry.

Puckrox

Reaction score
Wow, they really went out of their way to make this look like a LOTR film:smile:
I wouldn't have it any other way. Oh man, I am so going to have a movie marathon once both parts of the Hobbit are out on DVD.

beaker

Reaction score
I wouldn't have it any other way. Oh man, I am so going to have a movie marathon once both parts of the Hobbit are out on DVD.
Oh no I mean I cant complain, they have to do it like that even tho I dont really recall the books being all too action packed or completely similar to LOTR. Aw, I feel bad...youre first experience with the trailer was a tiny screen? I wanted to wait til i saw it in theaters but couldnt wait.