History Of (The New Henson Satire Show)

mupcollector1

Reaction score

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
Sadly, I am almost certain it will not become reality. Projects that the Henson company announce never ever do.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Sadly, I am almost certain it will not become reality. Projects that the Henson company announce never ever do.
I've that about The Jim Henson Company, ever since they sold The Muppets, they don't really have much left. Just the Fantasy films and Fraggle Rock which of course production is already done with them. I think the only new projects that I liked from them is Tinseltown and Puppet Up (aka Stuffed and Unstrung).
Funny how in 1990 Jim Henson was going to sell his whole company to Disney and not just The Muppets. That would have saved the company as well.

MWoO

Reaction score
I honestly think selling the entire company would have been better. Now that Disney finally "gets" the muppets I want to see fraggle rock in their hands. Pixars merger seemed to work out really well for them and Disney. The same could work for Henson. Plus it could mean a return of the Henson name to muppet projects.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly think selling the entire company would have been better. Now that Disney finally "gets" the muppets I want to see fraggle rock in their hands. Pixars merger seemed to work out really well for them and Disney. The same could work for Henson. Plus it could mean a return of the Henson name to muppet projects.
I'm mixed about a total take over, but it could get the ball rolling on other projects. They should no doubt partner up with Disney if they ever want to get Fraggle Rock the Movie off the ground... but for these adult projects, who's the most logical company to turn to?

I really have a feeling some of this stuff could work on adult swim. That seems like a niche market that Henson Alt can feel perfectly comfortable in. And the shows are sometimes 15 minutes long. That could very well work out for them.