Hey Arnold!

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
Anyone on here watch it besides Me, just wanna know.
Also this is a discussion thread for The Show, The Movie, and The Cancelled Jungle Movie

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was usually more of a Cartoon Network kid than a Nick kid, but yes, HEY ARNOLD! was one of the Nicktoons that I did actually enjoy very much.

When one thinks about it, Arnold had a way of subtly dealing with certain topics that were otherwise kind of heavy for regular kids shows... I mean heck, just look at the Patakis: you've got a workaholic father, an alcoholic mother, an older sister who was doted on, and a younger sister who was neglected.

On the note of the Jungle Movie being canceled, did you know that a spin-off series was in the works, but never materialized? It was going to focus on Helga and her family, and was supposedly going to be a little more edgy and less sugar-coated than in the original series (like, I believe, they were going to straight up acknowledge her mother was an alcoholic, rather than using euphenisms that kids wouldn't pick up on).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I definitely watched Hey Arnold! back in the day. Yeah even then I was surprised at how open they were about how dysfunctional Helga's family was, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hey Arnold was a great show. That, The Angry Beavers, and Catdog are the last really great Nicktoons.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't Facebook, so all I get is a login page.

But just because there's a group petitioning something doesn't mean it's going to happen.

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I don't Facebook, so all I get is a login page.

But just because there's a group petitioning something doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Okay, here's the story of what happened since 2009
Cyma Zarghami asked Craig Bartlett about the letter flow they are receiving about Hey Arnold (Mia Pataki an...d Jay Medina aka Criminy both contacts Craig a lot, this is how we got our sources)

• Justin Shenkarow (Voice of Harold) also was interviewed by Arun Metha, stating that he can STILL do Harold's voice and that He really wants to play the part!

• Anndi MCAfee (Voice of Phoebe) also did an Interview on the Arun Metha show. Also stating her want to be apart of the movie.

• A woman wrote to Rachel Ray telling her about the show and what effect it had on her kid along with dropping our group's name. http://www.rachaelray.com/blogs/index.php/2013/04/22/hey-arnold-lives-on-in-my-son/

• We got over 3000 signatures on the petition this last six months, that's a lot!
Things that is currently happening:

• Craig keeps in touch with the group’s Admins. A few admins and group members have even met Craig in person.

• Craig started talking to Nickelodeon around October 2012. The meetings involved discussions about Craig coming back to work for Nickelodeon.

• Craig frequently updates the admins. Meetings between Craig and Nickelodeon have been going very well.

• Meanwhile Craig has been working on “Dinosaur Train” with the Jim Henson Company and his new PBS show called “Jet Propulsion”
• Craig recently confirmed that he is in fact working for Nickelodeon again and creating a brand new show. Craig still hasn’t released any information about the new show because everything happened so recently and it’s best to keep it hush-hush until they make the new pilot episode. From what he has told us, the new project is going to be pretty boss.
• Craig has not given up on Hey Arnold! However, he does want to get comfortable with his new role at Nick before he mentions Hey Arnold and pitches the idea of The Jungle Movie in future meetings with Nickelodeon executives.
• He’s stated that for a while (2009-2011) he had given up until seeing so much fan-art, fanfiction, and fans of the show who kept pushing for this to happen. His doubt changed into optimism and he’s now determined and very grateful to the fans.ALL Interviews can be found here: http://www.mixcloud.com/ArunMehta/
and the petition got over 15,000 signatures, and were planning to send it.
hope that's good enough for you.

Teheheman

Reaction score
I used to LOVE Hey Arnold! and I did not know there was gonna BE a Jungle movie. This would be great to at least see what the premise would be and I'd love to see a Helga/Arnold relationship. That one running thing was kind of like the whole Peppermint Patty/Charlie Brown scenario for me.

Daniel

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Getting back to the potential Patakis spinoff, supposedly, Helga and Arnold were going to have a long-distance relationship.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to LOVE Hey Arnold! and I did not know there was gonna BE a Jungle movie. This would be great to at least see what the premise would be and I'd love to see a Helga/Arnold relationship.

Actually, it's widely sourced that the premise is that Arnold and the cast go to the jungle on a school trip in search of Arnold's parents.