Hey all! Remember ME?!

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
Hi! It's been a while since I was on this space! I have been busy trying to find a job in radio, so that's why I suddenly disappeared.

Byron (Janice and Mokey's Man), glad to see you still around. I haven't forgotten about you...next time I see or hear from Scott's mom I'll ask about the LP videos. If not, I'll just find another friend who has 2 VCR's.

In case you forgot who I was....

OLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLEOLE...*CRASH!!!!*

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
OMGOMG!! How've you been, man?!

I've thought about you off and on, wondered what happened to ya---I was hopin' you were still "with us", if ya know what I mean! Sure is good to know ya are! :smile:

And thanks for keepin' me in mind about the LP! :big_grin:

Glad ya found the new forum, and we're SOOOOOOO glad to see ya back!! WOO-HOOOOOOO!!! :big_grin:

radionate

Reaction score
Hmmmm, another radio person around these parts. Guess there is room for two of us! :wink:

Best of luck to you in landing a gig. I know exactly how tough it is. What are you looking for? Format? Position? etc.

Let me know if I can help! And welcome back to MC.

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Nate,

Speaking of radio gigs, any plans on moving onwards towards TV ?

When i broke into radio, it was (very luckily for me) right at the top of the game, so there was absolutely nothing to go onto there - so i was in TV within a year. I still miss Radio a lot though but i am someone who favors the shock jocks rather than the pop DJ's.

I'd actually like to do both but radio is in a quiet period here in the UK right now.

radionate

Reaction score
I'm toying with Meterology (if I can ever spell it). We've got one of the top schools in the country right here where the majority of them come from. I did weather for awhile on the college station (the only local station for the area), and I kinda miss it. Serious yet goofy. That's me.

If I had my picks, I'd move into television sitcom writing. But not anytime soon. With any luck I'll be doing improve this fall, and come next summer I'll start thinking about my next move, wherever that'll take me.

Oh, I'm not into the shock jock thing. I'm not into the pop puking jocks either. I kinda like a fair mix. Cheesy and goofy, with puns and double entondras (Byron knows how to spell that I don't). And lots of caller interaction. That's my radio forte. Unfortunatly, most formats right now are looking for strong music shows, and less talk. I'll sit and wait for the tide to turn in these parts. I have a hunch though within a year and a half I'll be in St. Louis, Atlanta, Las Vegas, NYC, Chicago, Florida, or California, as those are the top choices as to where I would like to move (in just about that order too).

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Cheesy and goofy, with puns and double entondras (Byron knows how to spell that I don't).
I just love it when I'm brought up in conversations that have nothin' to do about me. :smile:

Makes me feel like I'm a sitcom character on a show in which I'm not in the episode, yet still talked about among other characters.

Oooo, or a soap---drama!

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i like caller interaction and goofyness a lot too - kinda like Todd Pettingell who was on in Manhatten i think, skits and things. In the UK it's only the shock jocks who do that, but they're not as shocking as the states so it does work out as a kinda mix. The stations are very different here though its the same that they aren't looking for 'talk' people right now.

Being a wacky weatherman sounds cool - i used to work at a station that has norwegian girls in bikinis reading the weather, and then a midget bouncing up and down on a trampoline. Cooky huh ? ;-)

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Well, welcome back man!

I was wondering when that other "Travelin" fellow would find his way here from the old place

Nice to see other wanderers around :stick_out_tongue:

- Billy :cool:

Ernie101

Reaction score
well bad puns ad shoulder shrugs is all aorund here