Here's your Walter Plush

robodog

Reaction score
Because they hate me. That's why. Because I'm chomping at the bit for a Rowlf they won't make one. That's how my luck goes. Or at least that's how it seems sometimes.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Because they want to make the more popular muppets first :/

I would love a cuddly Uncle Deadly plush, but I doubt thats gonna happen.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If things go well, I don't doubt a Rowlf would be on the way. Scooter maybe, a less likely option... but no more less likely than the fact they have the first Pepe plush for general retail release. I'm actually surprised to see a Walter at any rate. Worst case scenario I was expecting only to see Kermit, Piggy, and Animal... maybe Gonzo and Fozzie.

robodog

Reaction score
Actually I always thought Walter would be a shoo-in for merchandise what with him featuring so heavily in the new movie. Push the new character and all that.
I need a Rowlf toy of some kind. It's been 30 years. I've waited long enough.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As I said, it's highly irregular for them to have done movie specific characters... though, to be fair, the first 2 Muppet Movies didn't feature any new Muppet characters...

There is a Spanish PVC set that had Spa'am, Mad Monty with Polly Lobster, and the tourist rats. There was also a European kid's meal with Long John Silver (the only human character ever to be made), and a Dairy Queen Kermit's Swamp Years promotion that had Goggles (and I want to say someone else). I don't count anything from Palisades, since they were made well after the films.

And as I said, Lotso managed to get a huge push when TS3 came out because they were trying to build up an artificial history for the character (making a mock 1980's commercial and discreetly posting it on youtube with various other toy commercials in the account)... but I didn't see Finn McMissile or Professor Z until closer to the movie's release. At least as far as Disney stores go.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yippy! Walter is now for sale.I couldnt see him on the Disney Store Muppet page, but if you follow the tough pigs link, he is there.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
It might just be out of cheap recyclable stuff.. I'm not sure exactly what the Perry the Platypus toys were made of. Anyone know anyone who attended that thing? Maybe the info lies in there.
I took my kids to the muppet event. They were Paper bags with punch out what not parts you could put on. This is pretty much what I expected from previous Disney store crafts (Cars and princess things) They let me take a few extra sheets of Muppet parts to make some at home. It was a simple craft but fun. It was also very packed when we arrived which meant a lot of kids were exposed to or excited about muppets.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Yippy! Walter is now for sale.I couldnt see him on the Disney Store Muppet page, but if you follow the tough pigs link, he is there.
Thanks muppetperson! I probably wouldn't have found the plush for sale without your help :smile: