1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Here's your Walter Plush

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Drtooth, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Tough Pigs has the details

[​IMG]

Not a bad likeness... pretty cute, and possibly actual size.

Too bad they don't have any bean bag sized plush just yet. Large plush are a little pricey for me, and I don't think I have room for a LOT of large ones.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That's the BEST Walter likeness I've ever seen! (Ha! Is funny! That's the ONLY Walter toy so far!)
  3. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

I went to the Disneystore website (there is no store where I live close by) to check it out and no joke, the website says the plush is already SOLD OUT, which is a bit of a bummer, cause I was considering buying one myself. Hopefully they'll get more in sometime. But I do take it as a good sign.

For anyone interested, there are a few more Muppet plushes including Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Fozzie, Beaker, Animal and Pepe. The Pepe one is actually pretty nice too and just that he gets a plush is awesome. Animal is also great looking, probably one of, if not the best Animal plush EVER. That Piggy is pretty good too, that's also one of the finer ones of Piggy. Those are two Muppet characters who have a boatload of merchadise, however (at least in my opinion) never heardly ever really got their likeness truly captured.

http://www.disneystore.com/muppets/mn/1000037/
  4. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

thats cool i wanted to see what the walter plush would look like and they have done a good job on him
  5. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

What a cutie! <3
  6. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

7. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

Don't worry, he hasn't gone up for sale yet. That's just the placeholder page on DS.com. They do it a lot for upcoming Vinylmations.

A CM at the Disney store told me that he should be available the weekend of the 11th. The Disney Stores are doing a Muppet event where you can come in and do a Muppety project (I imagine it's just a coloring page or sticker book or something).

However the Disney Store CM's do tend to get things mixed up quite often so take that with a grain of salt. Not the event. That's definately happening. I got a flier in my bag for that so I'm taking my niece to check it out :D
  8. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

Oh right on, Bellygrub, I'll totally be on the look out for that on the Disney store website (man I wish there was one here in Colorado, their use to be a long time ago).

Hope you and your niece have fun with that event, I have a nephew I know I would love to take to that, myself.
  9. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah my local Disney store personnel(we have two stores here) seem clueless. They weren't even aware of any Muppet merch coming. An instore Muppety event sounds super cool!

Yeah thats like a perfect exact likeness. But I prefer smaller plushes due to limited space. So if they make smaller bean like plushes, I'll buy em all.

Has there been any rumor or word on actual toys?
  10. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

So when does the life size Gary plush come out?

Cause i would totally snatch up a cuddly snuggly Jason Segel doll and...should probably refrain from saying much more on that front.
    Nick22 and AndyWan Kenobi like this.
  11. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Ha! Well if they had a Sarah Marshal action figure set, one would have to wonder if Jason's figure was anatomically correct
  12. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I might too, but my wife would get ticked! ;)

But that Walter plush looks terrific! Actually my father-in-law's name is Walter. Might have to get him his own doll for Christmas!
  13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

ill admit i like him....if i say him in the sotre ill pick him up to go with the others
  14. Drtooth

That and a PVC set are the things I want to see the most. Hopefully there ARE some coming as soon as the movie drops. The Large plush are too pricey and take up too much space for me. Not that I don't still want these, of course.
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Given there is no leaked photos, no showing off of prototypes, no preorders on entertainment life, and this stuff just shows up when it shows up...it's possible around the time of the film disney stores, parks and online will release a ton of stuff and all our worrying will be for nill. Least one can hope!
  16. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

Can we not edit our posts anymore? (Oh guess the post is to old to edit) Sorry to derail the thread a bit but here's the flier:
    [​IMG]
    MuppetySmurf and LinkiePie<3 like this.
  17. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Interesting. This almost sounds like a whatnot sort of building thing. Btw is this a flyer you can pick up at the stores?
  18. Bellygrub

Bellygrub Member

It does sound that way. I'm not holding out for anything more then a paper bag puppet though :D

They stuffed it in my bag when we checked out the other day (had to get the Gonzo mug). I imagine they'd give you one if you asked though.
  19. Drtooth

There was a Phineas and Ferb build a Perry the Platypus inaction figure event about a year ago... I didn't even go in the store to get a flyer, they were at the mall's info desk. Shoulda grabbed a bunch. Hopefully I can go to the ONE mall that even has a Disney store and grab a flyer before then.
  20. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Aww I want this! It's a shame it's sold out online and in stores :(