Herbert Becker makes offer to acquire 100% of the Jim Henson Company

tarzan

Reaction score
My Call to Herbert Becker

My thanks to Muppet Central for the news on GlobalMedia.
I placed a call to the number on the pr 310 360 1215 ext 222 and guess what? I actually spoke to Becker himself.

Here is what he told me, in a nut shell.

He wants to turn the Henson company around and has the money and the team to do it. Accordingly, the team is made up of John Daly (Terminator, Platoon), Martin Landau (MIssion Impossible and two Oscars), John Bianco (NBC producer/director), David Copperfield (magic guy) and a few others I forgot.

He wants to begin a new network for the Muppets which will be on cable as well as on his new technology, which I dont understand.

For the amount, he did not say, but did say it was in the 100K range.

If you have called him or have more news, post it here!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Welcome to Muppet Central Tarzan.

So what did you say to him?

Zach)Rowlf the,Dog.

tarzan

Reaction score
Hey Zack

Thanks for the welcome, I never know what to expect when I enter a new forum!

I did not know what to say since I never actually expected him to talk to me.

He seems like a nice guy, straight forward and honest.

I dont know what I really asked him, since it was a surprise to get through. But we chatted a bit and he sounds like a real force to get the Muppets back to where they should be.

He told me to have anyone call who wants more info.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Tarzan,

well, he may have seemed like a nice guy, and no one's saying he's not, but we can't tell from one phone call...he could be playing phoney;-) I like the idea he wants the company as a whole i'm just not sure what he has in store for them.

Zack,

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
i'm just not sure what he has in store for them.

Zack,

neither am I! that's what's scary...he could throw them on a shelf and never look at them again...orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....he could overexploit them and having them doing horrible things...(like a beer commercial-that would be WRONG) or he could be just what the muppets need (but I doubt it)

Sarah

Movies205

Reaction score
muppets drinking Pepsi Green ~shudders~

We just don't know...

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
muppets drinking Pepsi Green

that's a good one! i hated pepsi blue, too...so i would REALLY HATE pepsi green....:big_grin:

Sarah

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Blech. Don't trust him. I'm sure EMTV acted the same way :rolleyes:

radionate

Reaction score
Re: My Call to Herbert Becker

Originally posted by tarzan
He wants to turn the Henson company around and has the money and the team to do it. Accordingly, the team is made up of John Daly (Terminator, Platoon), Martin Landau (MIssion Impossible and two Oscars), John Bianco (NBC producer/director), David Copperfield (magic guy) and a few others I forgot.

He wants to begin a new network for the Muppets which will be on cable as well as on his new technology, which I dont understand.

For the amount, he did not say, but did say it was in the 100K range.
Something about this guy just screams CRACKPOT!!! I might be eating those words, but thats what it sure the heck sounds like to me.

First off, why does this guy have time to take calls from every Tom, Dick, and Stanley?

Second, what kind of team is this to back the Muppets?

John Daly? Great we'll have testosterone filled action Muppet Movies.

Martin Landau? This guy is sooo stuck on himself, I doubt he'd have time to realize who the Muppets are.

I doubt David Copperfield is too happy with this dude if he really wrote a magic book exposing Copperfield's secrets. And what would he be able to do for the Muppets? Make them disappear for ever? :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am very proud of you Nate...now put down the gun (ducks).