Herbert Becker makes offer to acquire 100% of the Jim Henson Company

Luke

Reaction score
I wouldn't take it all that seriously, all kinds of red herrings emerge at times like this. If they needs the money and Valentine isn't arranging to pay up fast enough it wouldn't be unusual if EMTV faked interest on another offer just to get some stories in the press and make the other interested parties move a bit faster.

The other thing that wouldn't suprise me is if Valentine or whoever they have seriously bidding leaves it right to the last minute to put up the finance, then drops the offer by $500,000 or so at the last minute when EMTV in really needing the money and them getting a better deal.

One thing's for sure, we'll be hearing a lot more about this sale over the next week or so.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I seriously doubt this guy could pull up the funds anyway...I wouldn't worry about it...I've heard about him from time to time on local radio stations, and he's generally getting made fun of :stick_out_tongue:

radionate

Reaction score
Danny at Tough Pigs actually said that this dude emailed him earlier this week. Did Phil recieve such an email too?

Luke

Reaction score
Well if he's got the time to email fan websites then no chance ! LOL ! I wouldn't take it seriously but it's good that it was reported - maybe he's just after some cheap publicity. Has this recieved any proper press interest ? The Muppet Central article was courtesy of his company i think so they must have sent the release out to people themselves. I'll try checking him out through industry channels but nobody's heard of him around here.

Overall i think the general feeling around (with or without this) is that things with the sale could change, but probably won't.

Chinchilla

Reaction score
Becker

I am laughing. What a funny guy! JHC should make a muppet character out of him.... oh, wait, that might be redundant with Pepe...

At least he's not a quitter, or afraid of being ridiculed. And folks with crazy ideas and the oomph to try them inspire me.

Perhaps he is a jerk, but must the Muppets only be owned by pristine, perfect, pure-of-heart people?

And I AM waiting impatiently for my favorite tv shows to be avialable by subscription. I don't like being at the mercy of cable companies compelling me to pay for channels I don't watch, broadcast schedules I don't find convenient or they switch around on me anyway, and having to submit to commercials. I want to order a season of XYZ show and have it deliverd to my inbox, for me to play where and when I please. What Becker is toying with feels like the wave of the future to me, and I'm grinding my teeth waiting on shore with my surfboard.

Do we know this guy would do anything to the Muppets other than give them free reign? Is there evidence he would try to mold them? I fear Disney. I do not know this guy.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Well if he's got the time to email fan websites then no chance ! LOL ! I wouldn't take it seriously but it's good that it was reported - maybe he's just after some cheap publicity. Has this recieved any proper press interest ? The Muppet Central article was courtesy of his company i think so they must have sent the release out to people themselves. I'll try checking him out through industry channels but nobody's heard of him around here.

Overall i think the general feeling around (with or without this) is that things with the sale could change, but probably won't.
Luke, why do I have the feeling we'll be seeing more of these PR release red herrings regarding the JHC buyout? hmmm...

Btw, did anyone else get an email from this Becker guy?
I think this story is gonna disappear quicker that one of his retirement home lunch table magic tricks.

JamieDenny

Reaction score
ARRRGH

What is it with these people. EMTV Sort it out. Dean Valentine give 'em the money. Becker Hands Off. JHC Hope you've learnt a lesson or two. I'm not going through another year like the last one.

Jamie

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
What is it with these people. EMTV Sort it out. Dean Valentine give 'em the money. Becker Hands Off. JHC Hope you've learnt a lesson or two. I'm not going through another year like the last one.
Well i'm sure you mean you don't want to go threw another year of worring and wondering what's going to happen with the Henson Company and not about all the neat muppet items, tv ad's, music video, nascar car's, aperances,dvd's and a tv movie that we got this past year;-)

this becker guy should back off.

Zachary

Movies205

Reaction score
At first I thought whoa this will be awesome for the muppets, They won't be split up and we be able to see more of the muppets on the internet on TV but after reading this thread... he just doesn't seem right for the muppets at all....

Muppets1985

Reaction score
$1,000 dollers sayz Jim IS spinning in his grave!

as for Disney I can't really sayany more, I'm sooo confused (as all ways LOL). Why doen't EM.TV just sell, i mean com on already! But Im still %100 behind Disney, tho. I just KEEP having this feeling that Disney WILL but in a high bid at the last min. that sjust me sayin tho....:frown: :frown: :frown: :mad: ........:big_grin: