Hensonville Ideas

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm... Interesting...
For some reason I think property revenue should be banked with cash from objectives/tasks, leave the coins separate.

A suggestion I'd put forth is would it make sense to use the emotions associated with the character smilies here instead?
Example:
Kermit = Smile.
Dr. Teeth = Big Grin.
Count = Batty.
Ernie = :stick_out_tongue:, Raspberry, or Duckie.
Others who don't have smilies could be similarly added.
Prairie Dawn = Knowledge.
Rosita = Fiesta.
Gaffer = Meow.
Boober = Sigh.
Mokey = Dreamy.

Dunno about the bosses, I am listening to everything though, so please don't think I'm blankly shooting down your ideas Kelly.
BTW: I just can't think of Rachael as a villain after the character growth you gave her. Antagonistic? Yes. Not a nice person to others? Sometimes. But "villain"? Nope, sorry. <3 Rach+Moul.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, I only used those categories to give the character type a status function. That's all. :smile:

It all depends on when in Rachel's life you're talking about. As long as it's before she ends up ... uh ... elsewhere ... she can still be a rather self-absorbed banker with dreams of financial control.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Shopping District Brochure

Each brochure will have two image files, for front and back. One could print them out on separate paper or print them out front and back, though you'd probably need good plain cardstock for that, as it is rather graphic-heavy.

Shopping District (back)
The background is has like a cotton paper texture. It is a tri-fold brochure with the left panel as page 5, the middle panel as page 6, and the right panel as page 1. Page numbers are at the bottom in black.

Page 1: The title page. At the bottom in blue-white lettering is HENSONVILLE SHOPPING DISTRICT in all caps. Above that, at the very top, is a picture of an ice cream shop, or Cold Comforts. A brunette woman in a beige dress and a blue-haired man in a black suit jacket and slacks eat some ice cream from the 50's-ish soda-jerk-looking vendor. Below that is a picture of various customers seated in red booths and being waited on.

Page 5: At top is a picture of a blue room with a mannequin wearing a red sleeveless dress at left, a brunette woman wearing a white sleeveless bridal gown in the middle facing the back door, and some tables and a poster of various fashions on the wall at right. Title: BRIDAL BEAUTY GOWNS Description: 6 Chris Serf Street. Only the top of the line female formalwear for that extra-special occasion. Below that picture is a red-themed diner with an open stainless steel kitchen visible in the background. A line of customers wait on the hostess, including James of Team Rocket and Red Fraggle. Title: ROCK & ROLL DELI Description: 22 Marty Robinson Street. A 50's retro diner with jukebox and stylish booths and great food!

Page 6: At top is a picture of a dark purple room with several rows of seats and one brunette woman staring at screens and speaker equipment. Title: LORDE GRADE AVENUE THEATER Description: 24 Marty Robinson Street. A theater pulling double duty for plays and movies. Below that is a picture of the same white room with black and white checkered floors and multicolored polka dots on the walls as on page 1. A brunette woman is ordering some ice cream from the vendor. Title: COLD COMFORTS Description: 26 Marty Robinson Street. A bright and cheery ice cream shop that will chill your taste buds with lots of custom flavors!

Shopping District (front)
The same background texture. The left panel is page 2, the middle panel is page 3, and the right panel is page 4.

Page 2: The top picture is very busy, with yellow floors and black spots, a clown statue visible at lower left, a cashier counter at the bottom, one of those bopping games in the middle of the floor, and 2 sets of 3 arcades on the far wall, as well as one of those throw the dart at the balloon carnival game at right. Visible are Gobo at the carnival balloon game and Red at an arcade game. The walls are striped vertically with alternating red and gold colors. There are circus-themed wall hangings as well. Title: X-CADE MARKS THE SPOT Description: 3 Heather Heights. Worries for another day -- with our arcade and carnival games, you'll love to play! The bottom picture is a blue room with blue carpet with musical signs on it. There are multiple bookshelves and a mechanized gypsy display along the walls. There are four red chairs with armrests for reading. Gobo can be seen near the chairs with a book. There is a counter and a cashier for purchasing magazines. Title: HOUSE OF EM COMIC SHOP Description: 5 Heather Heights. Groove to our sweet jazz tunes as you blow your mind with comics!

Page 3: The top picture has a light lavendar room with a sushi bar, made of black and with horns or something on the top. A brunette woman is ordering sushi from the vendor. The floor is reed mat. Title: MAE WONG'S CHINESE TAKE-OUT Description: 7 Heather Heights. Enjoy Eastern elegance as you dine with lots of rice, sushi, and other entrees. The bottom picture is a room seemingly made out of dirt and roots. A dragon-themed female vendor is selling stuff from a dragon-shaped cart. There is a stone fireplace. Boober Fraggle can be seen talking to the vendor. Title: BAT BOLT & SKULL TOY SHOP Description: 9 Heather Heights. We've got everything from icky to gross to awesomely macabre!

Page 4: The top picture is of a room like a log cabin interior, with antlers on the wall, a wooden sleigh bed with blue bedspread, and a large potted plant. A brunette woman is facing the camera. Title: KERMIT & PIGGY'S HONEYMOON RETREAT Description: 2 Chris Serf Street. We have six romantic rooms, each with a unique style for the lovers and dreamers like you! The bottom picture is taken from the Somebody's Getting Married number in Muppets Take Manhattan, with a small penguin staring at mannequins and a mirrored wall in the back and shelves of tuxedo parts on the right. The walls are light blue. Title: TUXEDO TIMES JUNCTION Description: 4 Chris Serf Street. Deck your male out in our very finest to make that occasion extra special!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Applauds wildly! Love the line about Kermit and Piggy's Retreat. And I think it appropriate to have a penguin at Tuxedo Times Junction, dunno if you meant the reference I'm infering.

Thanksh. *Leaves kidnapped Hugh Jackman for Kelly.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Hensonville Museum District Brochure

The brochure is again in two image files and is tri-fold. Both sides have a light purple top blending in to a darker purple on bottom.
Museum District (back)
The pages are, from left to right, 5, 6, and 1.
Page 1: A large picture is at top showing an industrial and technology-heavy large room. Overlapping at the bottom left of the first picture is a small vertical picture of a firefighter in a yellow uniform extinguishing a fire in a home. Title (in green-blue): HENSONVILLE MUSEUM DISTRICT
Page 5: The top picture shows a large room with red carpet and wallpaper suggesting the opening to TMS with arch and curtain designs. The windows are colorful bubbles increasing in size as they go up toward the ceiling. There are pop art paintings, a scarecrow, a strange statue called "Space Chicken", a multicolored mobile on a dark post, a sculpture reminiscent of balloon animals, a huge Jack-o'-lantern, and some white wooden yard chairs for resting facing a small windmill. Title: MUPPET MUSEUM OF ART Description: 42 Mullen Terrace. A great way to express yourself! Enjoy our sense of the quirky classic! The bottom picture is ornate with purple textured walls and brownish carpet and thin rectangular patterned rugs in front of each door, which consists of a stone arch. There is a huge ceramic wall hanging of a woman rising up, various portraits of stuffy-looking Victorian types, a grandfather clock, a smaller ceramic wall hanging similar to classic Greek or Roman reliefs of groups of people. In the center of the room is a rug like Aladdin's Magic Carpet with a water fountain on top of it, which appears to be a marble woman pouring water into a small basin. It is surrounded by statues and vases. Title: MALLORY GALLERY Description: 50 Marty Robinson Street. Only the most fabulous works find themselves here! Now with increased security measures for your safety!
Page 6: The top picture is of an average-sized room with dark wood panel walls and what looks like hay or straw for a floor. An old man is standing next to a cash register shaped like an old purple gypsy tent. There is a table behind him with various seeds and plants for sale. In the center of the room are food and herb displays. Title: FAIRYTALE PHARMACY Description: 52 Marty Robinson Street. Your health is our business! Disclaimer: Transformations and comic environmental manipulations may occur. Please consult your witch doctor. He'll tell you what to do. The bottom picture is the same firefighter picture as on page 1. He is battling a fire in front of a brick fireplace in a small home with blue walls and old family portraits above the mantle. An empty bird cage is beside the fireplace. The floor is hardwood. Title: FROGGON HEART FIREFIGHTERS TOWER Description: 54 Marty Robinson Street. A dedicated team that will warm your heart! Too bad they don't know how to start a fire....

Museum District (Front)
From left to right, the pages are 2, 3, and 4.
Page 2: The top picture has steel walls and wavy blue flooring in a large room. There is a small neon blue circular clock on the wall, small chairs, and counter space to give the impression of a futuristic version of Honeydew's lab. Beside the counters is a small table with a head in a jar. The lights are pink and yellow fluorescents (don't ask me, that's all they had in the game). There is a chess set on a table in the foreground. A tv studio camera can be seen at the bottom. A modern red abstract sculpture is at right. A woman is typing on a computer at right. There is a large painting of an alien world, with white egg-shaped chairs on either side. Title: MUSEUM OF IMPOSSIBLE TECHNOLOGIES Description: 8 Chris Serf Street. Where the future is being made today! The bottom picture is a warm kitchen-like environment with dark wood, beige marble, and brown tile. The backsplash of the stove has many tiles with apple designs on them and a rack of copper pots hanging at the top. The fridge is wooden on the outside like a cabinet. Various people are standing around talking. Title: MUFF 'YN' FLUFF BAKERY Description: 11 Prell Lane. Just the place to chew the fat with down-home cooking.
Page 3: There is only one picture, which is at the top. It is a dark room with hardwood floors. Mokey Fraggle can be seen walking past displays of masks and other props. Title: ENIGMA LAIN THEATER SUPPLY Description: 13 Prell Lane. Don't take anything for granted here or you may wind up wishing life was just a dream....
Page 4: There is no picture at top. Title: CASA BRANDON Description: 15 Prell Lane. A lovely house with fantastic blue shutters, warm and inviting bricks, a basement used for experiments that could put Dr. Honeydew to shame! Stop on by! Nora and her family would love the company! The bottom part of the page has two narrow vertical pictures. The first picture is of a room with red and gold carpet and red and black-striped wallpaper. A man is walking by a four-sided display of male portraits. The second picture is a small room with old wooden floors and dark blue walls with black bat designs. There is a stone stage with an oval pool. On the right of the stage is a large golden sarcophagus with a mummy inside. Title: ENCHANTED EXHIBITION HALL Description: 28 Marty Robinson Street. This museum is dedicated to showing you just how wide and how far and how real the universe is!

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I had planned on doing the University of Hensonville brochure today, but I had to set up a lot in the Sims, since I didn't have any Muppet characters aside from the Fraggles. However, now I have Dr. Teeth, Janice, Animal, Digit, Flash, and Johnny Fiama. Now I can set up pictures for the brochures. :big_grin:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Well, the issue I had with School of Wizardry and its relationship to my FB idea just took hold, apparently. The lawsuit gods got a hold of it and nearly all Harry Potter references are now toast. I hate to be Oscar here, but I do believe that having a Hensonville game that is more than a forum game will get ripped to shreds and the stuffing scattered across the floor.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, I did notice they changed the Firebolt to Flamethrust... But other than that, how has it been so drastically affected? *Hasn't rully paid attention as I've found a game I can passionately play. Just one last job to finish Summer Break, Tear 5, Level 2 Mastery.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The change is still going on, but the character images have been altered to stop looking like HP characters, the spells seem to be relabeled, the story has been changed to a non-Potter plot ... basically, this a supremely generic School of Wizardry now. Doesn't make a difference to me. I like the mechanics of it enough to stay. However, the discussion board is filled with flame and quitters.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Is deeply saddened. Okay, so I just finished reading through the changes to School of Wizardry. It's a good enough story on its own... But the main draw/excitement for me was that it was an HP game going by all the books and events and such. At the moment, I don't know if I'll keep playing. This puts a definite cramp into our Hensonville plans. The only thing I could do now is open up the new game thread to take over for the dorms, but I just don't have the heart for it. :cry:

*Buries self with roomies in the underground bunker.