Hensonville City 2011

Katzi428

Reaction score
everyone has returned from visiting their respective families & friends for Easter and Robin and I are having a bit of an argument
Robin: But Mom.. why do I hafta go to school today?
while writing a lateness excuse note for Robin Because I promised your parents and Uncle Kermit that you would today. You had off from school all of last week Robin. Now go get your stuff together.
Robin grumbling Not fair!
Life can be like that sometimes, buddy.
Robin: I'm tired though. What if I fall asleep in school?
:rolleyes: Any excuse to stay home! And if I kept you home,you'd be running around here full of energy.Come on, Robin. It won't kill you to go to school for 3 and a half hours. You can take a nap when you get home if you're still tired. You don't want me breaking a promise to your parents and Uncle Kermit, do you?
Robin sigh :I guess not. Let's go.
That's my boy.:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*:batty: puts up a jar filled with jellybeans from Easter out in the common room.
The sign in front says "Guess How Many?"

It also states that the person or Muppet who comes closest wins the jackpot.
Also, please don't scoop handfuls out. If you want some samples, let us know, we have a backup bag for that.

Katzi428

Reaction score
*:batty: puts up a jar filled with jellybeans from Easter out in the common room.
The sign in front says "Guess How Many?"

It also states that the person or Muppet who comes closest wins the jackpot.
Also, please don't scoop handfuls out. If you want some samples, let us know, we have a backup bag for that.
coming back from dropping off Robin, I take a look Hmmm..sure is a lot. I wish that Count had put had put out a sign that said it was between a certain number and another number.It looks like more than 100 but less than 1000.So I write out my guess & put it in the the ballot box.

Katzi428

Reaction score
knock on my bedroom door
Who is it?
Prairie's voicePrairie...OK if I come in?
shrugging I guess.
Prairie comes in and sits on my bed next to me. Grover and Rosita helped Robin with his homework.
I'll thank them after I tuck Robin in.
Prairie:Want one of us to tuck Robin in tonight?
No..I can do it. It's my job as his mother..or surrogate mother, that is.
Prairierubbing my arm: He'll understand. He knows you're hurting.
Yeah..considering he's only 8 years old, I think he can read me like a book. He wasn't altogether thrilled that I sent him to school this morning. But he forgave me.then sighing sadly Darn.
Prairie hugs me I know....I know....Chef asked me to ask you if you wanted anything since you didn't have dinner. Like soup or something.
Well I know I have to eat something. I'm just not really too hungry. Maybe just a bagel in a little while.
another knock on my door and Robin's
voice...:Mom?Can I come in?Or did you want to be alone?

Come on in,Robin...Prairie's here with me.
Robin comes in You weren't talkin' about girlie stuff,were ya?
I laugh a bit No,Mr. Inquisitive...we weren't.sniffing him Hmm..you smell nice and clean!Did you just take a shower?
Robin:Yep. An' nobody had to remind me to take one!
Good!I'm proud of you!hugging him
Robin gives me a big hug backI'm sorry you're so sad though,Mom. But look in the sky tonight an' I bet your friend Colleen is the brightest star!
You know Robin..that's a very nice way of looking at it!
Prairie:It sure is,Robin!
Robin:Thanks!
All set for bed?
Robin:Yeah.
Prairie:You sure you don't want me to put him to bed?
Positive. We have our little ritual down pat.Thanks anyway.
Prairie:Okay then. Nite little froggie brotherkissing him Darn...still no prince.:wink:
Robinkissing Prairie back Nite big sister. And darn..you're still yukky lookin'!:wink:
What the....?Nice way you two treat each other!
Robin:Oh Mom...you have brothers and a sister! You used to tease each other, right?
Welllll..yeah.
Robin:So?Prairie an' I are like brother an' sister! We tease each other!
You have a point there. All right..who loves you around the whole world and back again no matter what?
Robin: You. Who loves you around the whole world and back again no matter what?And figured you were right about going to school this morning even if I was tired and could take a nap when I got home this afternoon?
You.smiling at the last bit he said
Robin:Hey Mom...can we look out the window at the stars to see if there's a real bright one?
Sure.we open his shades
Robin points to one on the left There's one BIG BRIGHT one!
Wow!
Robin:So that one is probably Colleen.
Uh huh!It probably is!
Robin snuggles back under the coversG'nite Mom.kisses me
Goodnight Robin honey. And thank you.kissing him

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Gets small package in the mail.

Hmm, wonder what... Oh, it's the prize from that podcast.
*Opens the wrapping and finds... Hmm, so that's what a lanyard is like. And hey, UD, what's this medal?
UD: It's Minnie saying "I <3 Pin Trading."
Me: Nice... Maybe I can get/trade for some other lanyard medal or something. *Tucks it away with the rest of the pins I have.
UD: Still haunting for that Nightmare collection?
Me: Yeah, either that or the other pirate coin pins to match the one of Skellington Jack and Animal.

*Roomies go off to join Count for burgers at Charlie's.

Katzi428

Reaction score
coming in the door Hey everyone!
Chef:Hey yurself!Whut are yu doing here?
Uh...last I remember..I live heretrying to go into the kitchen but Chef is blocking my way Chef...what on Earth are you doing?
Chef:Weren't yu supposed tu get thet noo furntcher tudey?
Yeah...and I saw it...It looks nice.suddenly realizing I should take a not too subtle hint Oh goodness!I just realized that I have to go out and won't be back until..er..6.
Chef:How boot 7?
Yeah...that's what I meant. 7. Later,Chef.I open the door and hear Chef exhale a BIG sigh of relief

Katzi428

Reaction score
peeking in the door It's after 7...Can I come in NOW?
Chefopening the door and hugging meUv corse!I'm soory aboot befur!Take a luuk aroond!
I look and there are pink streamers from the ceiling several balloons and a BIG sign that says in bright letters HAPPY"24th" BIRTHDAY KATHY!
WE LOVE YOU!

choked up You guys are AMAZING!
everyone rushes up to give me hugs & presents
Chef:I hed tu get yu oot uv the house befur..
Prairie:More like kick! Kath...you should have seen the expression on your face when Chef was practically pushing youu out the door!
Chef:OK ..ja...kick....But ve hed all dis plenned fur a looonngg time!
Grover:And then when you said you did not know if you wanted to celebrate you birthday or not after your poor friend died we did not know what to do.
Rosita: But we thought maybe you might feel better if you had a party.
suddenly I've noticed Chef has left the room .Then I see the lights of candles and and I hear Chef starting to sing Happy Birthday" The others join him:
":sing:Happy Birthday To You
Happy Birthday To You
Happy BIRTHday dear Kathyyyy
Happy Birthday to you!:sing:

Chef had made German Chocolate Cake!YUMMY!
Robin:Make a wish,Mom!
These aren't trick candles are they?
Robin:Nope!Frog Scout Promise!gives Frog scout promise sign
Good!making a wish and blowing out the candles
Prairie: People might come around later to wish you a happy birthday.
Cool!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Knock on the door. Hi Kathy, happy birthday. Glad that you found your smile again.
*The kittens purr and cluster around to share some greetings to the birthday girl.
*:batty: starts mingling with the rest of the gathered crowd.
*Uncle D offers punch or soda to all, raising his cup for a toast to Kathy.

Hope you celebrate many more. :smile:

Katzi428

Reaction score
*Knock on the door. Hi Kathy, happy birthday. Glad that you found your smile again.
*The kittens purr and cluster around to share some greetings to the birthday girl.
*:batty: starts mingling with the rest of the gathered crowd.
*Uncle D offers punch or soda to all, raising his cup for a toast to Kathy.

Hope you celebrate many more. :smile:
trying to fit as many kittens as I can on my lap
Thanks very much Uncle D Ed & Count!
YeeOUCH! Needlesharp kitten claws!Boy do those bring back memories! But you're a cute little kitten anyway.kissing one of Fatatita's kittens on the nose,then handing a kitten over to Prairie

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Meanwhiles... *Locks snooty transfer students from Narnia in the bathroom after their "magical" wardrobe for the science fair transported them to that "other world".
Meh, I never liked science fairs anyway. *Crane hooks up to the bathroom, lifting it away for city removal.

We'll have to get Biff and Sully to build a new bathroom though.