Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
UD: Are you really gifting her that?
Why not. If Joanie in muppetwriter's fic-created Disneyverse can have Yensid's sorceror's hat... Then I don't see any problem with giving her the equally magical horned crown.
*Leaves the present in a nicely wrapped hatbox with the card and songfile at Kelly's doorstep.

Katzi428

Reaction score
pouring Hector a cup of coffee Where's Santa now Robin?

Robin checking the NORAD Santa tracker Headed for Madrid Spain.
Hector: Hopefully all the kids there are asleep! It's past midnight there! I remember wanting to stay up and see Santa but my parents wouldn't let me!I remember being so mad!

Robin: It's tough imagining you as a little boy!
Hector reaching for a cookie half dipped in chocolate Robin..did you think I always had graying hair and glasses? When I was a little boy I had dark curly hair and chubby cheeks .
I bet you were adorable!

Hector:Well my parents thought so. My sister thought I looked like a monkey when I came home from the hospital. My ears were too big for my head, she thought.
All the better to hear her with!
Hector: Right! So you said you'll stop over for a bit tomorrow?

Right. I have your present and some things for your parents too.
Hector: Cataliña :rolleyes:.....didn't I already tell you my parents approve of you? You don't need to get them Christmas gifts!
I know I don't need to. But I wanted to.
Hector looking at Chef then pointing at me How do you win an argument with her?
Chef: Yu can't! It's impusible!
Hector sighing and shaking his head : OK you. It's a good thing Mama bought you something anyway! I'll pick you up at about 9 tomorrow?
9 sounds good.
Hector: Hey Robin..where's the big guy now?
Robin: Rey...someplace in Iceland.
Hector: Gotcha. You should head to bed before he heads this way.
Robin: Soon Dad..er..uh...Hector looking embarrassed
Hector chuckles and affectionately pushes down the brim of Robin's baseball cap G'nite kiddo. 'Nite Chef. That was tasty lasagna!

Chef: Thenks Hector! Feliz Navedad!

Hector looking impressed...Gracias! And looking to me for help whispering in my ear What's "Merry Christmas" in Swedish?

I whisper back Gőd Jűl
Hector says Gőd Jűl,Chef!

Chef :Thanks! (Do I see a tear in his eye?)
There's a chill in the air so I put a jacket on even though I'm only walking Hector to his car .
Hector :Is 9 too early tomorrow?
9's perfect!
Hector: Good! You know I wasn't kidding when I said you didn't have to get anything for my parents Kath. They're extremely relieved that I have someone normal in my life. I had a LOT of students mothers think that if I slept with them I could give their students extra credit on reports and projects!
WHAT???
Hector: Relax ...I didn't do it. They were divorcees on the rebound anyway. And when I explained that you were a young woman raising Kermit the Frog's young nephew for him since Kermit's been so busy they were impressed.
Hector...you lied to them.
Hector:About what?

Me.Being a young woman. 43 ..or 42 when you met me. That's not young!
Hector throws his head back and laughs Oh Kathy!! You're so funny sometimes! I'm 49! I call THAT OLD! Next year I'll be a half a century old! Look...I'll see you in the morning. Buenos noches querida.

Goodnight honey. Cover up tonight.It's supposed to be very chilly!
We kiss
Hector: I'll be warm in bed tonight with thoughts of you! :flirt::wink:.
Me too!blowing a kiss as he drives away :dreamy:

back in the kitchen:
Chef: If yu EVER brake up with thet man, I'm NEVUR speeking tu yu evur again!

laughing Awww..too bad you can't stand him Chef! :smirk: seeing that Robin is in his in his PJs complete with green fuzzy flipper slipper slippers So what do you say we call it quits with the Santa tracking tonight eh Mr. Robin? He's near Barbados and that means he's coming this way.

Robin: I was gonna quit anyway. I was just waitin' to say goodnight to you an' ask you a question.

Sure.

Robin: Do you think that Hector got mad that I accidentally slipped and called him "Dad"?

Nah..I don't think so. And if you think he and I will ever get married I don't know. So PLEASE don't go throwing any hints. You either! pointing at Chef Let's put out some cookies for Santa.
We do so

Ruahnna

Reaction score
There are so many present under the tree in Apartment 5 that the tree looks like it's levitating. The kitchen smell scrumptious. There are more colored lights in the room than on Broadway.
Kermit: Is that all?
Ru: What do you mean, Is that all? If we stuff any more presents under the tree, we're going to need a bigger apartment. Stop worrying--you did fine.
Kermit: I'm just worried. It doesn't look like enough.
Piggy: (breezing in in a little red dress, white fur boots and a red, leopard-print santa hat.) Joyeux Noël, mon cheres. The tree looks lovely! And is that cocoa I smell...? (breezes out again on the way to the kitchen)
Kermit: I don't think there are enough presents.
Fozzie: How many do you think there ought to be?
Ru: Sweetie, I'm sure you're worrying for nothing. I don't think you've skimped at all in the present department. It'll be fine.
Kermit: (scratching the back of his neck) Well, maybe. But when all the presents are open, I don't want, um, anyone, to um, feel that there weren't enough presents.
Fozzie: I think you're worrying for nothing. I counted 55 presents, plus candy and--
Ru: Yes, and there's cocoa and cookies and appetizers.
Kermit: You seem remarkably calm, and I know you've been getting ready all day. How are you so calm?
Ru: Watching you is very calming.
Kermit: (hands on hips) Ha. Ha. Very amusing. You can tease me about being a worrywart, but I don't think there are enough presents--
(There is a knock at the door, and everyone startles.)
Ru: They're here! OMG! They're here! I've got to check my snickerdoodles! (runs out of room).
(Kermit trots to the door and opens it, and a veritable sea of little children rush through the door, all squealing and shouting with excitement.) They "oooh" and "aahh" about the tree and erupt into cheers when Ru comes in from the kitchen carrying two big trays of cookies. Fozzie follows her out of the kitchen with a stack of festive paper cups and takes up his post as hot-chocolate dispenser in the corner. Piggy wades into the tide of children and forges her way to the tree.
Piggy: Helloooo, children! Please pay attention so that when I call you name you can come up and get a present.
(The din in the room does not die down. No one pays attention. In fact, no one can hear her--she can hardly hear herself.)
Piggy: Ahh, ha ha, children! Oh, little ones. Please stop yelling to you can hear your name when Moi calls it, then come and get your present.
(Again, there is no response. There is much cocoa-drinking and cookie-gnoshing but not one little cherubic face is turned to Piggy.)
Piggy: (taking a deep breath) OKAY YOU LITTLE SQUIRTS! KNOCK IT OFF AND LISTEN UP!
(Silence reigns in Apartment 5. Kermit looks worried, then sees the rows of small faces all turned toward Miss Piggy at the tree. He and Fozzie exchange looks and shrugs.)
Fozzie: (sotto voce) Whatever works.
Kermit: Yeah.
Piggy: Yes. Well. Thank you. As you know, we are so happy to have you come by our apartment after caroling at the Hensonville Fire Station. We are so glad that you all were able to help them collect toys, and take them over to the children who will get them for Christmas. Moi is glad to see so many of you involved in spreading Christmas cheer this year. As you know, last year we had cookies and punch and presents for all of you, thanks to Mon Capitan, Kermit the Frog and I would like to ask him to come up here and say a few words.
Kermit: Oh, er, ahem. Um, sure. Let me just--excuse me, coming by you here, just a moment, oh, pardon me (Slowly, Kermit makes his way to the tree. When he gets there, Piggy kisses him on the cheek (to giggles) and smiles at him.)
Kermit: Um, hi guys. It sure was swell of each of you to bring a toy for someone else this Christmas. I really appreciate you thinking of others this time of year. Like Piggy said, we have cookes and presents for all of you, and then Mr. Rana--whom some of you know as Scoutmaster Rana--is going to walk with you back to the fire station where your parents can pick you up. Thank you so much for being generous this Christmas. Merry Christmas! (turns to Miss Piggy, who looks at her list).
Piggy: Abigail. Abigail--come and get a gift from under the tree.
A little girl in a powder-blue hoodie comes forward shyly and takes her gift, then whispers "thank you."
Piggy: Blaine. Blaine--come on up. And Christopher.
A chorus of voices call, "Which one?"
(Piggy looks at the list.) Oh. Oh, um, Christoper E. And THEN there's Christopher L. You too can get a present. (The list progresses until every child has had a chance to choose a gift. There are three presents left when all names have been called. Shortly thereafter, Mr. Rana shoes up again to walk them back to the fire station where parents will get them.)
Kermit: (flopping onto one of the recliners) Whew. That was close. But we still have presents left!
Fozzie: (peering at the cookie platter) Too bad we can't say the same for the snickerdoodles.
Ru: I'll make more.
Piggy: My ears are still ringing.
Fozzie: At least they didn't want to pat you on the head. My hair is all messed up.
Kermit: But good kids.
Ru: Yep. Good kids.
(There are about 3 minutes of silence and peace.)
Ru: Well--ready to start bringing out our presents for each other?
Kermit: Yep. In a minute. Good night so far.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Kim: [closing a bedroom door, sighs] Four down.
Gillis: They're all in bed?
Kim: Mm-hmm. [nods, sitting down on the sofa] Visons of sugar plums and all that there. [chuckles] Y'know, even after all this time it still surprises me how much you Fraggles have taken to Christmas.
Gillis: Well, it is quite the holiday. Fraggles love to give presents, and the music is positively divine.
Kim: Somehow I knew you were going to say that.

Hubert

Reaction score
*Hubert and roomies go around to each apartment and leave some candy canes for all*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... Now that I've been watching Disney's A Christmas Carol, I kind of agree with Kermit and Piggy's sentiment that they did it better. Although I like the whisperyish voice Christmas Past has been given and the laughing Australian accent Christmas Present was given. But still, I wait for when MCC will air on The Hub since there was a one-second snipet of Gonzo seen in their December Family Movies clip package.

Merry Christmas everybody. Thanks for the candy canes Hubert.
*Makes hot chocolate and strawberries & cream nog to share with all our friends.

:batty: That's 1, 1 happy person today.
UD: Ah, Christmas morning, how defrightful.
Ghost of Christmas Present: Come in, man, and know me better. Did I already say that?
You'll have to forgive him, he's a large absent-minded spirit.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Newsie: It’s certainly nice of you guys to have us over for Christmas.
Gina: It’s been such a nice day.
Ru: I’m so glad you guys came over. Scrabble is much more fun with four players!
Piggy: Thank goodness you didn’t bring those things with you, too.
Ru: Piggy! That’s not very nice. Of course the yip-yips would have been welcome.
Kermit: They’re not so bad—as long as you keep the phone away from them.
Fozzie: Speaking of—has anyone seen my cell phone today?
Piggy: Good grief, Fozzie—did you lose it again?
Fozzie: (wailing) Well, I’m not used to carrying one! And I don’t have any pockets!
Ru: (giving Fozzie a hug) It’s okay, Honey. We’ll get you a carrying case for it.
Piggy: Great. A bear with a murse. I am soooo not taking him to the mall with me.
Ru: He can come to the mall with me. And I won’t let him buy a murse.
Newsie: (whispering to Gina) What’s a murse?
Gina: A man-purse.
Newsie: I don’t get it.
Gina: It’s okay. I promise not to let you get one, either.
Kermit: I’m calling it. Can you hear it?
Fozzie: It’s on vibrate.
Piggy: (twitching an ear) I hear it. Moi can hear it. ( She points toward the kitchen.) It’s buzzing in the kitchen.
Fozzie: Oh! I know where I left it! It’s in a drawer in the kitchen.
(Ru and Kermit and Piggy exchange looks. Ru mouths “In a drawer?” and Kermit shrugs. Fozzie comes back into the room with the phone, waving it happily.)
Fozzie: This is so cool! What a great present! Now I can call all my friends any time I want! Ma always knows what to get me.
Ru: That was a great gift, Fozzie. What did you get your Mom for Christmas?
Fozzie: Tickets to a show.
Kermit: Tickets to our show?
Fozzie: No—she’s already seen our show. I got her tickets to see Les Mis.
Piggy: You got your mother tickets to see Les Mis? Wow—you’re a very good son.
Fozzie: That’s what Ma says. I figured, with it coming out in theaters….
Piggy: Wait—you bought your mother—
Ru: (interrupting) What a nice present. (Shoots Gina a “HELP ME” look, and Gina jumps in.)
Gina: That was very nice. I’m sure your mother loved it.
Fozzie: (very offhand) Ma likes everything I get her.
Newsie: Must be nice. (Gina turns and hugs him) I mean, it must be nice to still have your mother around.
Piggy: (slipping her arm around Kermit’s waist) Did you get your parents on the phone?
Kermit: (nodding) Yeah Sherwood went out to see them with one of those cell-phone signal boosters so they didn’t have to go into town.
Ru: Wow—technology comes to the swamp. What’s next—Maggie’s going to skype you?
Piggy: Probably. Better not have your grumpy face on.
Kermit: Grumpy face? What grumpy face?
Piggy: That face. (she leans in an kisses his cheek) Luckily for you, Moi happens to like that grumpy face.
Kermit: (giving Piggy a rueful look) Lucky, hm?
Ru: Lucky, indeed. And nobody has to go into work tomorrow.
Kermit and Newsie at the same time: Um, unless they want to. (Everybody turns and looks at them)
Kermit: Um….
Newsie: Er….
Gina: (sighing) Oh, go ahead. I’ll hang out with the ladies and we’ll shop.
Fozzie: And I can get a holder for my phone.
Ru: What about the yip-yips? Think they’d want to come?
Kermit: Better not. There’s a cell phone kiosk in the mall.
Fozzie: Maybe I’d better get an alarm for my new phone.
Piggy: Why? So you can hear it go off when one of those things eats it?
Fozzie: (blustering) Maybe.
Ru: No one is going to eat your new phone, Fozzie. You can sleep with it under your pillow.
Newsie: Speaking of sleep.
Piggy: Were we? Already?
Ru: Well, I was. So—everybody okay with the plan?
Kermit: Sure—Fozzie’s bunking with me tonight and Gina and The Newsman are going to take his room.
Ru: I hope that’s okay. Might be a little crowded. There’s always the couch—
Gina: We’ll manage.
Newsie: We will manage. (They smile at each other.)
Ru: Okay—last call. Cups, bowls and silverware to the kitchen. Candles out. Television off. Phones on chargers….
Fozzie: Hey! I have a phone to charge, now!
Piggy: (muttering) Congratulations.
Ru: Piggy, be nice, please.
Kermit: Yeah—be nice to Fozzie.
Piggy: I’d rather be nice to vous—
Kermit: Oh…heh heh. That’s, um, very nice of you to, um, offer—wah!
(Kermit has been standing under the mistletoe. It takes 39 seconds for him to forget his name, where he lives and what he was saying. Piggy, on the other hand, completes her smooch and sashays off to bed.)
Kermit: Wah…huh? What just happened?
Ru: Piggy just happened. Go to bed. Sleep it off.
(Gently, Fozzie leads Kermit down the hall, with Kermit staring after Piggy’s retreating form.)
Fozzie: I got him, Ru.
Ru: Thanks, Fozzie. Merry Christmas.
Fozzie: Merry Christmas, Ru.
Gina: G’night—thanks for hosting us. Merry Christmas, everybody.
Kermit: Um, Merry Christmas, guys.
Piggy: (her voice floating in from her room) Joyeus Noel, mes amis. Moi will see vous all tomorrow.
Ru: Good night, everybody. Sleep tight. Merry Christmas.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Downstairs, in Apt 1...

Uncle D checks the contents of the cauldron with one of his claws, now that the pot's resting in the sink.
:maniacal: Fright then, the eggs are ready for peeling.
Thanks Uncle Deadly.
*The dragon moves on to check on the bacon while Count toasts slices of sandwich bread, Ed busy at his careful craft in removing hardboiled shell fragments.

Hey guys, where's the mayo?
Jonathan: Mayo-nnaise? Yip yip yip yip.
Count: I've got it. *He chops onions and slices the eggs, adding a glob to the mix.

After everything's ready, we sit down for a breakfast of egg salad and/or bacon sandwiches.
*Munching noises are heard elsewhere, as the Martians devour the cardboard boxes from our opened presents.
:batty: I might take the boys out to the mall today.
Sounds good, but you might want to keep them away from the phone kiosk.
*Phone rings. The aliens draw their lips over their heads in scared surprise.
Both: Auwwwgh!
Ed goes to get it, as the boys uncover after being startled.
Me: Hello? *Smiles. Yes, we're still meeting tonight at the club. No, no room for dancing, unless they rearranged the free tables, but we can always sing. Sure, eightish it ish.
The scare crew finishes their meal, then go about washing up for a happy productive day out and about in Hensonville.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ru: (whispering) Don't tell Piggy, but I think someone in the building is cookign B-A-C-O-N.
Kermit: Yeesh. Not me. Yuck.
Fozzie: Better than frog legs....
Ru: Not really....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, we got inspired by a British culinary vacation show watched recently.

BTW: If you don't tell her what our traditional Christmas meal is down here, I won't tell her about the one from Virginia capiche?

*Sends Ru some papaya flan I got from my mom.