Hensonville City 2011

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
S'okay then Chef. You know, I finally understood the joke about the Pöpcorn VirMup starring :hungry:. The one that airs on MCR is edited down from the whole thing.
:batty: Oh, how so?
It's not popcorn he's making... It's popcorn shrimp.
*:batty: thinks about it.
UD, also thinking: Oh, I get it now. popcorn made in the microwave with the shrimp.

Hope things go well with the school's principal tomorrow Kath. *Mosies on down to heat up some dinner for the spooks and me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kathy... Thought I'd ask since I'm working on another haunter's pet.
Do ferrets have ears? If so, what kind of ears?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
:news: Why are we discussing ferret ears? Tell Ed to go talk to the Weasels, Stoats & Ferrets Association.

Rhonda: Why are we so grumpy?

:news: *scowl* I am NOT grumpy.

Rhonda: Well if I said Dopey I knew you'd get ticked.

:news: *deeper scowl* Hmf!

Rhonda: Lemme guess. You're put out because our roomie still hasn't finished your story?

:news: I'd like to know how it all wraps up, at least! I mean, she left me in the dungeon! With that...that scary dragon! And those yarn-things!

Rhonda *grabs his tie, looking hard into his eyes* Newsie. You KNOW it's just a story, right?

:news: Of course I know that! Were it real, I'd have a real...er...um.

Rhonda: Job?

:news: *mutters*

Rhonda: What was that?

:news: *mumble mumble. blush*

Rhonda: A real fern trend?

:news: *shouting* A REAL GIRLFRIEND!

Blue *poking head out of kitchen cabinet, Cocoa Puffs dribbling from lips* Awww?
Pink: *poking head out of milk carton on counter, dribbling chocolate syrup* Awww!

Rhonda: I see. Have you considered asking out the one who lives HERE?

:news: I'm...just going to go lay down.
------------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Perks up, is Rhonda home? Maybe she can helpwith the druid's ferret pet. *Dials up the fashionable rat in Apt 12 to check about the ears thing, and what pie-eyed eyes are.
*:batty: sends out for dinner from one of our favorite haunts via the bat-line.
UD: You're not the only one who's waiting for good fic to be posted Newsman.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Cotterpin (coming in from a Fraggle hole in Kelly's bedroom and slumping on a Doozer-sized couch): Whew! *looks around and sees Kelly's mattress trying to fluff itself out* Hmmm ... *goes to find Kelly in the kitchen, but she's on the laptop instead* Hey, I see we've had visitors?

Kelly: Oh, hey, 'Pin. How was the thing?

Cotterpin (sighs and holds her visor to her chest, bowing her head): He's taking it pretty hard. Retiring was bad enough, but the old Architect was moping a bit after hearing the news. No one could get a word out of him. *shrugs* But we had our memory build-a-thon and he seems to be getting better day by day.

Kelly: That's good.

Cotterpin: So ... where is he?

Kelly: Where is who?

Cotterpin: -_- Your bedroom is in shambles and you have scale marks on your face.

Kelly (blushes)

Cotterpin (grins): I KNEW it! I KNEW he was coming back!

Kelly (sighs and turns away sadly): Something happened while you and Wrench were comforting the Architect, 'Pin. A coworker showed me a news story about a patient being abused in a nursing home.

Cotterpin: O_O Awful!

Kelly (sniffles): I KNEW that patient, 'Pin. I knew the perp, too. I used to work there. It was like watching my grandmother get shot or watching Old Yeller get flamebroiled to a crisp right in front of me.

Cotterpin: You shoulda called us, you know .....

Kelly (smiling): Jareth heard me. I didn't even make a wish, but the crystal ball in my closet put me in a dreamtrap, one that Jareth sent me. I dreamt I was so upset and so I went into my bedroom, and there he was, resting on my bed. (laughs and hugs self) I was so happy and I hugged him and we sat and talked forever. And I woke up.

Cotterpin: O_O All of that and all you did was TALK?

Kelly (blushes): Hey! We might not be able to see each other in reality due to some blockages in the universe, but Jareth WAS kind enough to turn the world upside down so I could get ensnared in a dream trap which was about the only way I could see him again. All I know is, after we talked, I felt so much better when I woke up! I was able to smile again, instead of just crying at the drop of a hat. I can actually get some sleep now. *long pause* And it helps that the administrator, the D.O.N, and some nurses were fired. The primary aide responsible was arrested. Even though I knew her, I'm glad she's in jail. I can't stand people to get hurt. That's why I haven't been talking much lately. I'm even behind on some emails I found from Ed. But Spike helped me a lot. I hope I can have the strength I need to get back to business. :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
Hubert: It looks like we missed someone's birthday...that Claudia over there in room 14...

Bobo: I thought we gave her cookies?

Hubert: No, that was a housewarming gift...

Beau: I still don't understand how cookies could heat a house.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Whew ..what a meeting yesterday.
Prairie: What happened?
Well the parents pretty much descended on the principal, like a flock of angry birds.
Chef: Even you?

I was tempted but but with the look in Mr. Grimley's eyes ,he looked like he looked like he was going to have a nervous breakdown. Plus mumbling Hector was there

Prairie teasingly Ohhh.....So you didn't want to expose him to your temper did you huh?

Oh would you be quiet Miss Smarty! He's seen me mad before! Anyway, the thing is that as of last night Ms Dorfler's fired. Mr. Grimsley said he'd call her.The Board Of Education in Hensonville would be notified too. Now here's something that might not make Robin too happy. He and his friends might be put in different classes. All of the parents of Ms. Dorfler's students will be notified what classes their kids will be in.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Heading down to the pools to relax for a while on a nice Labor Day like today. Too bad there's not rully a holiday figure for it though. Oh well, at least we've got two months of preparations to go through with Jack's help.

Hubert

Reaction score
Hubert: Happy Labor Day, guys!

Bobo: Today's Labor Day? Oh, I forgot to buy you a present...

Hubert: Er...two things.

Bobo: Huh?

Hubert: 1. You don't get people presents for labor day. 2. I don't even have a job.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Meanwhile, at the pool area...

Uncle D's grilling some steaks and French bread to make some grilled cheese steak sandwiches.
Count's ripping up the cabbage and onions for some optional slaw on the side.
Ed mixes a pitcher of lemonade with black cherry soda, tasting to see if it needs a last bit of sugar.
*Putting the drink away at the barside fridge for when we're ready to eat, Ed and Count wash their hands, then grab their tubes to go splash in the water while Deadly watches the meat.

Nice music there Zoot.