Hensonville City 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the new main gameplay thread, which will end up replacing what was known as the Muppet College Dorms.

This time around, the location has expanded to include all of the town known as Hensonville, created and expanded through fanfics that have been posted on the forums. If you wish to explore our city or wish to know where every shop and house has been newly located, I recommend browsing through the Hensonville Guide.

A. Admission.
If you wish to join the game, then you must fill out the following application and send it to my email address through the forum's mailer first.
Application Form:
1 First Name.
2 User Name.
3 Muppet Roommate(s).
4 Room Number.
5 Birthdays.
6 Valid working email address so we can contact you in the event of dormwide news.
Please wait until your applications have been resolved before posting in the thread itself. Each applicant shall be attended to individually. Posts made by people not as yet approved to move in will be deleted without prejudice against that person.

B. Room & Board.
This year, there will be no main dormhouse. As you can see after visiting the Hensonville Guide, there will instead be three townhouses. The Jim Townhouse has Rooms 1 to 12, the Frank Townhouse has Rooms 13 to 24, and the Jerry Townhouse has Rooms 25 to 36. Dunno if housing needs will necessitate adding a fourth apartment or if even the two vacant buildings will be used, but I leave that up to be decided by the demand for residency in Hensonville.
Additionally, the townhouses will be divided into two teams, which will come into play during later events throughout the year. Rooms 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, and 10 are to be known as the Kermit Greens (KG for short; whereas Rooms 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, and 12 are the Electric Psychadelics (EMP).
Furthermore, eachhuman roomie will get $1000 in Muppet money as part of their allowance. This amount will be raised by $50 daily, to be spent or saved however you see fit. In turn, each roommate added to or ditched as part of your crew will cost you +$100 or -$100 depending on the corresponding action. I trust that this simple economic math will be easy enough for everybody to keep track of on their own. If not, then I'll just amend the rules at a later date.

C. Roommates.
Regarding Muppets one can choose to have as roommates at the dorms, keep in mind the following guidelines.
1 An applicant for residency can select up to a total of five (5) Muppet characters as roommates if they so desire. You don't have to have five if you don't want five, I leave that to each individual applicant to decide.
2 Characters from all Henson productions are available to be chosen as roommates with a few exceptions.
a. Baby Muppets... What would they be doing at a college/town environment anyway?
b. Human characters from the shows or movies, it'd be weird to find them being "manipulated" by other people.
3 Original Muppet characters are allowed, so long as you have at least one (1) actual Muppet character.
4 If selecting more than one roommate, please try to choose those who go well together. If you take Little Jerry, then mayhaps it'd be a good idea to have the rest of the Monotones. If you select one member of a duo like Statler or Red or Biff, then it'd make sense to take their accompanying partner as well.
5 The one overriding rule we have is that once a character has been selected by a resident, they cannot be chosen by anyone else. Please consult the Hensonville Roster. If you're a dorms veteran and don't see your name there, you'd best send me your applications PDQ as any Muppet not on that list means they're up for roommate status. Additionally, I'm giving dorm veterans a week to do so. If I don't receive an application from you within that span, your roommates might go to the next person who first asks for them, so please bear that in mind.

D. Birthdays.
Please include your own birthday and a birthday for each Muppet member of your party. Search for Character Birthdays at the Muppet Wiki. If you can't find one for your particular character, then:
1 Submit the airdate of when the character was first seen onscreen, or
2 Provide that particular character's Muppeteer's birthday.

E. Gameplay.
Please keep in mind the following general notices.
1 If you submit an application for residency and are accepted, please make an effort to participate therein, either in your own individual everyday routines with your roommates or interacting with others. You don't have to be plugged into the thread 24/7 every single day, nor have every other post be one of your own... Participation should come naturally. Sadly, I cannot personally control nor force a resident to participate. There will however be some new activities that I hope will breathe new life into this main gameplay thread, and a person's degree of participation or lack thereof might determine if they're found to be suitable for play/continued residency.
2 You can interact with other people's roommates, but please do not outright control them directly. The only time when this will be allowed is if either:
a. You are staging a Muppety musical number or play/movie with parts for everyone, or
b. You have been asked to temporarily look after another resident's roommates.
3 Please keep all character portrayals within character. No monster behavior unless your roommate is a monster, except during the Halloween celebration. No outré behavior unless your roommate is an outré musician type. You hopefully get the idea about this by now.
4 Additional events or tasks will be outlined in the Hensonville Events thread. Check back to see if anything has been posted. Completion of tasks will earn you extra Muppet money... The first assortment will focus on getting accepted for residency and settling in. Team competition between the townhouse halves will perhaps be better shown in later mainstay tournaments.

So I sincerely hope you enjoy yourselves and have fun. Any questions, you can PM either me or Kelly (RedPiggy) as she has been promoted to Assistant Manager.
Thanks and have a great day.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Me (sighs happily)

Oscar (growling): Whaddya gotta be happy about?

Me (shrugs): They copied my driver's license and my Social Security card. My brother says that it practically means I was hired, but without the formality.

Sarah and Bear (barking, tails wagging furiously, sniffing Sawyer's butt, LOL)

Rizzo: So, uh, Turbo ... ya got any plans?

Turbo: I'm gonna get some sleep. I been boun -- I mean, I been workin' my antennae off. I'm spent.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Now everything's swinging and they're a part of the plan.
Hexcellent. So yeah, everybody can go over to their rooms, I hope to have some stuff in the HV Events thread soonish... If I'm not too busy with my usual procrastinational slacking-off responsabilities. :shifty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Tosses the public which are lemons into a blender to make publicade.
*UD tosses the public which are lemmings over a cliff.
*Count counts the public which are Lenins, relatives of his, as he's the census taker natch.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Red *struggling with a box*: So this new room number thing is going to confuse me, we were in room 3 forever.
Beth: It's ok Red, change is good. Besides, it's a completely different building now
Cookie: Me don't mind, me just want to be done moving so me can eat.
Beth: *stops in front of room 5 and pops key into the lock*: Well, here's our room, we can move all of our boxes in and unpack later if you want to get some breakfast
Cookie: Me like that plan.
Beth: Besides Red, now we're right next door to Kathy and her roomies, that will be fun.
Red: I suppose you are right. *Sets down the box* Oof, that one was heavy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Setting up shop in Room 1, directly beneath Beth's. Yes, I think this'll do.

Okay guys, set your things where you can find 'em and we'll go out to breakfast.
*Roomies hurry around depositing their suitcases...

Oh, and everyone should check the HV Events thread, first chore will be posted there today.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Me (thumbing through cash): Well, that was an easy 150.

Rizzo: What're we gonna spend it on?

Me: Hmmm ... I'm gonna have to think about it a bit. *shakes head* Pity I can't use it on my credit cards. :wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth: *heads to Jim Townhouse main desk* Hello? We're all moved in, just thought someone should know. Thanks!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh hey Beth. Saw that, and I think Cookie's bed is rully cute for him. There was some stuff there too that made me snicker, but that's only cause we've known each other for so long as friends.
*A silvery coin with an emerald green jeweled Kermit face slides down the rainbow chute into the KG moneypot at one side of the lobby's desk.

Count, peering in: Ah, 2, 2 KG coins... 2 points for that team!
C'mon Count, let's grab Uncle D and head over to Jull's Pizza Parlor.
Wanna join Beth?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aaaargh! ! !
UD: What seems to be wrong Ed my fiend?
Grrrrr, I lost Rizzo's headset. Gotta hope my brother can find it without having to undo all the work I did on setting up the backstage... Or worse, having to hunt it down in the lower shelves on that side of the armoir.

Plus, I'm still waiting to hear from Erin as to the first batch, but I'm not hurrying her as I understand she has a life and job of her own.
*Sinks into couch bed in Room 1, hoping the morning will bring better news.
*Falls dead to the rest of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.